Live Crawfish | Gamefishin.com

Live Crawfish

Discussion in 'The Outdoor Chef! Great outdoor cooking' started by seal bomb, Dec 29, 2010.

1. seal bomb

seal bomb New Member

Does anyone happen to know where to buy live crawfish in the South Sound area? I am doing a seafood boil on New Years Eve. I know Johnny's has precooked but I would like to use live. Thank you in advance Tup:

2. drew0920

drew0920 Member

definately Louisiana Crawfish Company! My friends and i order from there, absolutley the best quality out there!

and dont forget to pick up some of their seafood boil mix!

phone: 888-522-7292

3. Duroboat

Duroboat Moderator Staff Member

Drew looks like Louisiana Crawfish Company is out of stock or maybe its the off season. They don't list any live craws for delivery right now.

4. bing

bing Active Member

Head down to the 11th ave launch in Ballard in the morning and look for the boston whaler full of crawfish pots,,,,that guy might be able to cut you a deal.

5. drew0920

drew0920 Member

ya, looks like they're out of stock. i checked before i posted the website yesterday and they had them available for delivery.

either way, def keep the website. they are the best!

Andrew

6. crawlife

crawlife New Member

This may be a little off subject but I noticed the wdfw requires all non-native crawfish to be killed before transport.They do this to prevent non-native/parasite invasion I assume.But by law you already are not allowed to transport bait from body of water to another for the same reasons.It seems to be a redundant law that prevents people from harvesting more of the non-native species for the table.I was very impressed by the local crawfish I caught this year.Very big and very clean.It would be nice to be able to catch more of your own to boil at home.

7. jaeya

jaeya New Member

drew we use crawfish co of central florida lol they selll it in different ways but if you want live usually best to get a bunch of people together and boil a sack which is approximately 40lbs. They ship right to the airport and you pick it up usually southwest because they have a fridge in their cargo bay. Usually good for 1 night but the sooner the better to keep them alive and kickin (dead crawfish really stinks up the pot). Also we use Louisiana fish fry co's seafood boil. Get the powder, the liquid just makes it spicy and doesn't get the broth flavor right. They're prolly the best company i've dealt with ordering live southern crawfish (better taste than the breed up here) which i used to do almost weekly. Man this makes me want to order some Tup:

Attached Files:

8. crawlife

crawlife New Member

Witch breed up here are u refering 2 jaeya?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just go take a few pots to mineral lake and you should have a ton.

10. jaeya

jaeya New Member

I'm not sure what to call them, but they have more of a flat tail and their shell is a bit sharper on their tail. Bought some at 99 ranch before and the meat just didn't taste the same. If you've been to jakes crawfish restaraunt, it's those that they serve there.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The ones i catch around my house have huge fat rounded claws and the crawfish are around the size of my hand

12. crawlife

crawlife New Member

Are these what you're catchin' ?Native signal crawfish.

Attached Files:

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

in my creeks by the house yes when i was little i see them walking the bottom still so they are still in there

14. bing

bing Active Member

your plates are expired...

15. crawlife

crawlife New Member

Would've been nice if you could have directed me to a website that sells new "plates".We call 'em tabs around here, son. wink:

Search tags for this page
crayfish for sale

live crawfish for sale in washington state

live crawfish in washington state

live crawfish seattle

live signal crawfish for sale

live signal crayfish for sale

signal crawfish for sale

signal crayfish for sale
washington state crawfish for sale
where to buy crawfish in seattle