Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone happen to know where to buy live crawfish in the South Sound area? I am doing a seafood boil on New Years Eve. I know Johnny's has precooked but I would like to use live. Thank you in advance Tup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,715 Posts
Head down to the 11th ave launch in Ballard in the morning and look for the boston whaler full of crawfish pots,,,,that guy might be able to cut you a deal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
ya, looks like they're out of stock. i checked before i posted the website yesterday and they had them available for delivery.

either way, def keep the website. they are the best!

Andrew
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
This may be a little off subject but I noticed the wdfw requires all non-native crawfish to be killed before transport.They do this to prevent non-native/parasite invasion I assume.But by law you already are not allowed to transport bait from body of water to another for the same reasons.It seems to be a redundant law that prevents people from harvesting more of the non-native species for the table.I was very impressed by the local crawfish I caught this year.Very big and very clean.It would be nice to be able to catch more of your own to boil at home.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
drew we use crawfish co of central florida lol they selll it in different ways but if you want live usually best to get a bunch of people together and boil a sack which is approximately 40lbs. They ship right to the airport and you pick it up usually southwest because they have a fridge in their cargo bay. Usually good for 1 night but the sooner the better to keep them alive and kickin (dead crawfish really stinks up the pot). Also we use Louisiana fish fry co's seafood boil. Get the powder, the liquid just makes it spicy and doesn't get the broth flavor right. They're prolly the best company i've dealt with ordering live southern crawfish (better taste than the breed up here) which i used to do almost weekly. Man this makes me want to order some Tup:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
jaeya said:
drew we use crawfish co of central florida lol they selll it in different ways but if you want live usually best to get a bunch of people together and boil a sack which is approximately 40lbs. They ship right to the airport and you pick it up usually southwest because they have a fridge in their cargo bay. Usually good for 1 night but the sooner the better to keep them alive and kickin (dead crawfish really stinks up the pot). Also we use Louisiana fish fry co's seafood boil. Get the powder, the liquid just makes it spicy and doesn't get the broth flavor right. They're prolly the best company i've dealt with ordering live southern crawfish (better taste than the breed up here) which i used to do almost weekly. Man this makes me want to order some Tup:
Witch breed up here are u refering 2 jaeya?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
crawlife said:
jaeya said:
drew we use crawfish co of central florida lol they selll it in different ways but if you want live usually best to get a bunch of people together and boil a sack which is approximately 40lbs. They ship right to the airport and you pick it up usually southwest because they have a fridge in their cargo bay. Usually good for 1 night but the sooner the better to keep them alive and kickin (dead crawfish really stinks up the pot). Also we use Louisiana fish fry co's seafood boil. Get the powder, the liquid just makes it spicy and doesn't get the broth flavor right. They're prolly the best company i've dealt with ordering live southern crawfish (better taste than the breed up here) which i used to do almost weekly. Man this makes me want to order some Tup:
Witch breed up here are u refering 2 jaeya?
I'm not sure what to call them, but they have more of a flat tail and their shell is a bit sharper on their tail. Bought some at 99 ranch before and the meat just didn't taste the same. If you've been to jakes crawfish restaraunt, it's those that they serve there.
 
G

·
The ones i catch around my house have huge fat rounded claws and the crawfish are around the size of my hand
 
G

·
crawlife said:
chromechaser said:
The ones i catch around my house have huge fat rounded claws and the crawfish are around the size of my hand
Are these what you're catchin' ?Native signal crawfish.
in my creeks by the house yes when i was little i see them walking the bottom still so they are still in there
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
bing said:
crawlife said:
chromechaser said:
The ones i catch around my house have huge fat rounded claws and the crawfish are around the size of my hand
Are these what you're catchin' ?Native signal crawfish.
your plates are expired...
Would've been nice if you could have directed me to a website that sells new "plates".We call 'em tabs around here, son. wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,037 Posts
attachment=2]CRAYFISH RECIPE.jpg[/attachment]

I picked up some Fresh Crayfish here a while back that they had just flown into SeaTac from down South, reasonally priced too!

Hong Kong Market
320 East Meeker Street, Kent, WA 98030

(253) 372-3738 ‎
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,564 Posts
Watched 4 guys with commercial pots on Lake Stevens emptying into buckets last night. I did not know we had so many in this lake. Isnt there a limit? It looked like they had at least 2 5 gallon buckets full of them. And they did transport live. I need to read how to do this and the regs. Looks fun Tup:
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top