Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a couple dives off Alki this morning. First dive, saw a few lings but they were fairly small (under 10 lbs). Second dive, pretty much the same thing until we got down to 60 ft. There we ran into a pair around 15-20 lbs each. We got pretty close then backed off once we spotted an egg mass under a ledge they were guarding. I was surprised they weren't more aggressive. Needless to say, it's always cool seeing those fish underwater. Can't wait for the season to open wink:

·
Registered
253 Posts
The Wife & I did a couple of dives a few week ago at some rock piles off of Vashon, saw a lot of large lings at 80 - 90' the most we've seen in a while.

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
good stuff, i've always wanted to try diving. are you seeing any other fish out there in any numbers? rockfish? greenling? anything unusual? i am looking for some hope for a rebounding population of something in the sound.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Too bad Edmonds Underwater Park isn't open...ha ha. :mrgreen: I know...I'm a horrible person for even thinking it. If you guys want to make a trip to Neah Bay...there are lots of good size lings up there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts