Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bruce, I know it is early, but any thoughts for this year? I missed 2007, 2006 was a blast.Hope to see it again this year. Tup:

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
You did not miss much. As I remember it, Bucky worked very hard to try and put something together but the interest dropped off as the weather was terrible that weekend. I think it was about 5 people that showed up as I recall.

Maybe this year we can get it going again.

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
mayfly0013 said:
Where does this take place?
Deception Pass State Park....

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I really really want to get in some lings this year. I probably can not make the June lingfest time. But I would like to get some guys together when the season opens for some fishing (a mini fest). If you plan a Lingfest - check the tides, so they are not ripping too fast thru the pass - it can be a pickle in a small boat when the whirlpools are there. Hope somebody plans a lingfest - good times and good eats when I was there in 2006.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
The weather for Lingfest last year was terrible. It got real rough real quick, and it rained the whole time. Bucky did a good job of putting it togeather. I would be willing to help plan it this year. I do not have a boat....Due to getting rear ended a few years back. I just can't afford another one right now. As my reports have shown I know some good spots in the San Juans, if anyone has an open seat. I would pitch in for gas, bait, beer, or whatever is needed. I have a GPS with some good spots marked. If anyone is unfarmiliar with this area I can help point you in the right direction to hopefully catch some fish. Hopefully the weather will be nicer this year so we can have a BBQ. I look forward to meeting new people as well as seeing some old friends...Iceshark, *******, salmonfifty, trapper, Darrell, I8. I hope this year can be a success. Hope to see all of ya'll out there this year. Just let me know what I can do to help out...Robin.

·
Registered
940 Posts
If I am not away on a trip for work I will be there for sure. Last year was fun until the storm came in on us, the wind and waves were something else. GATOR 79 is a great guy to have in the boat, he does know the islands and the honey holes well. If I am around for LING season, Robin you always have a seat on FISH 4 FUN.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Never been after Lings before, but have boat and the desire to try it out. When does this go down, and what is best method/gear. Man those things are UGLY, but I bet they are tasty!

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
I am totally up for it! Hey Robin, I usually hit it on Opening day as well. Have a seat for you if your off that day.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Thanks Fish4fun (Jim), and ice iceshark for the offers. I hope this year can be a success, and hopefully the weather is nicer this year.
Well start planing this when it gets closer to time. I checked thje tides and I would recomend Sat May 31 theres a much slower tide exchange. We can put it to a vote and see what weekend would work best for the most people. Hope to see some of ya'll there.

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
Your right Gator, The tides should be the deceiding factor. We had good tides the first year and it rocked. Second year had bad tides and it suffered badly.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Robin I would love to go again this year but I will be on cruise again starting of course when ling opens. Thank God this is going to be my last I hope before I retire. I look forward to seeing some pics when it does happen.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I'd be up to taking the boat up there for a little ling action. Once things get a little more finalized as to dates I'll be able to arrange a little time off from work. For those who don't have a boat and want to go I can take a couple more folks out assuming I can get away from work.

·
Registered
46 Posts
A question. How small is too small of a boat for these areas? I have a 17' Smokercraft Osprey DLX. I would love to try and catch a ling on my own. Caught quite a few out on the ocean with charter boats. And yes, they are about as tasty as any critter that swims.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
A 17' boat would be fine out there. Hopefully the weather is better than last years. Just watch the weather if it kicks up then you should head in. I've been out there in a 16' Harborcraft and felt perfectly safe.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts