Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine since high school was diagnosed with ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis) a year or so ago. Commonly known as Lou Gehrig's Disease it affects the nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord. There is no cure.

Unfortunately, he passed on about 2pm today.

With that, it makes me realize that life is way too short. Personally, I like to enjoy life and get as much out of it I can every day. If there are things that you would like to do in your life, go do them. You never know what the next day has in store for your own life. For me, it's watching my 7 year old son grow up and absorb some of my knowledge in all aspects of life.
Sometimes I find myself being selfish and doing things just for me -- this isn't all bad but I need remember to include my family as they are the backbone of my existance.

p.s. take a kid fishing !!

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
I am really sorry for the loss of your friend, and great advice for everyone, Kids are our future and should be treated as such, I am happy you can still see the happiness in life after things like this, please send my condolences to his family

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
My Uncle died of ALS. Its not a pretty way to go. He went from a big,burly,outdoorsman type guy,to someone that had to rely on everyones help,just to keep living. He suffered through it for a couple years. Tdown:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Sorry to hear about your friend. Life is to be lived, enjoy each moment, and yes, your family is your strength.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
That's tough. Sorry to hear about your friend.

I agree with you - if your number one investment isn't in your kids and your relationship with them - your priorities are too screwed up (money, career, house, personal entertainment, etc etc). Too many people figure this out too late...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts