Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Administrator
13,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I hope everyone had a great Christmas! :)

I'd like to hear all your input for how things are going for you on the new forum so far.

What you like/don't like etc.

I'm hoping to have all the bugs and other issues worked out in time for the 2008 10th year Gamefishin.com anniversary! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
584 Posts
I really like the new forum when viewing it on my computer. However, I read gamefishin a lot from my phone (treo) and the new site doesn't format very well. It's running windows mobile. If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I think it looks good Doc! I like the blog-style of posts/threads and being kicked back to the original thread after posting!

No concerns here!

Hope your Holidays were great also!
ps-be nice to crazy avis!

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
from a guy thats not computor savey,the new board seems to flow easier,and its easier for me any way, to use.finally learned how to post pictures..the new look took some time to get useto but now i like it. its all good bruce. all i got to do now is figure what else i can learn to do here. mic , happy holidays to all

·
Banned
2,114 Posts
I like it just fine. I liked the "post preview" on the old forum. Happy New Year Bruce and Avis! I'll have to stop by and we can pound out another techo song dude. wink:

·
Registered
8,603 Posts
I like the New Forum. The only issue I have had in the last week, was a time expired screen came up a couple of times, it only happened last week but the forum seems to be running very smoothly. Great job Bruce...As usual clap:

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Bruce,

First off, let me say. I hate Change!!

But, this change has been easier than most. I can tell that a lot thought and planning went into the new forum. I think it looks good and I am now getting better at navigating. Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
We'll talk tomorrow Bruce. But I really miss the quick reply box at the bottom of the thread page.

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Over all Bruce it's good, I like it. Like any change, it does take a little to getting used to, messages are more limited (only 25?), whats the outbox for vs the sent box? Now some people will be full way too quick and often :D

·
Administrator
13,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
RiverFishin said:
Private messages are more limited (only 25?), whats the outbox for vs the sent box? Now some people will be full way too quick and often :D
With the new PM system, you can now create folders (up to 4), you can have 25 messages per folder, for a total of 100 messages. Contributing members can have 200 messages per folder, for a total of 800 messages.

The sent message folder is where all your sent messages are stored. The outbox is where all your sent messages that have not been read by the recipient go.

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Thanks, I also noticed someone can delete a msg before someone reads it if they want (you see you got one, but that it was deleted), a good idea if a bad msg is sent and they want to correct it...or decide it's not needed...

Sometimes my and other avatars are not showing? If I click on mine then they all show again....

·
Registered
63 Posts
Maybe I am not viewing it right but on the old foum the topics changed color once I read them. I don't see that with the new forum. I see some highliting on the name of the person sending the last post but it is not consistant. Am I missing something, I hate to open a topic only to remember reading it.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
I like the new look and feel. One nice thing to have would be some way of highlighting topics that are new or have new activity since the last time I logged in.

Happy New Year!

·
Administrator
13,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
catchless said:
Maybe I am not viewing it right but on the old foum the topics changed color once I read them. I don't see that with the new forum. I see some highliting on the name of the person sending the last post but it is not consistant. Am I missing something, I hate to open a topic only to remember reading it.
Click on the picture for a bigger view.

The highlighting you are seeing is the member status legend.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Where do I find my E-Mail?
Can you help me sign my "TRAPPER" in both Red and Green? all I get is " TRAPPER " when I do it the "Old Forum" way.

" TRAPPER "

·
Administrator
13,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
THE TRAPPER said:
Where do I find my E-Mail?
Can you help me sign my "TRAPPER" in both Red and Green? all I get is " TRAPPER " when I do it the "Old Forum" way.
Do you mean your private messages? You'll find those in your "User Control Panel" or just click where it says (# new messages) in the blue bar on top of the forum.

Trapper

Code:
[color=#FF0000]Trapper[/color]

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I have found my PM access, I was wondering if we have a E-Mail access also to "click on" like on the Old Forum's Main Page to bring it up? TRAPPER

1 - 20 of 81 Posts