Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody fertilizing their lawn yet?
I think it's about time, but I'm not sure. If it freezes again, will it hurt it?

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Yes I have. End of last month The freeze will not hurt it. If you are the west side of the mountains make sure it is has some extra iron in it for the moss. Rid moss for lawns is a good product if you have a lot of moss.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
I'm getting ready to fertilize too. I usually make a lap around my back yard with the Scotts Weed Control to kill all the weeds trying to make there way in from the neighbor's yards. Then I do the rest with the Scotts Moss Control and I put it on a little heavy. I reapply Moss Control again in 4 weeks and just about all my moss is gone. We have very sandy soil here as I live at the north end of the Chambers Bay GC which was a gravel and sand pit so I have to fertilize more often because the nutrients wash right through the soil. I'm thinking about using the Tagro pellets this year to see how they work. Has anybody used them yet?

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Remember to go easy with the fertilizer what you put on the ground ends up in the ground water and then the lakes, streams and in the bay.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Its time for us to start thinking about the summer Bermuda grass here. Warmer temps and the rye that we have now, will start to wither away. Looked at some artificial turf, but man, the good stuff is expensive!!

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
I put moss control and fertilizer on 2 weeks ago, the grass is already turning a nice deep color of green, and the moss is turning black.......
Just signed up for lawn care service on a 'every 6 week' basis................now, to get rid of those dang MOLES!!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Brown grass is good

... for the environment

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Still freezing at times here in Roy, but I just told the wife I think i'll get some fertilizer this week and do'er this weekend.....spring is close...gonna spend my next 4 days off in the yard......bonus points for the important days!!! wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts