Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy and I ran up to the Cascade yesterday, my buddy hooks into a fish which i thought to be a colored up steelhead, but when we got a closer look at it, it was a silver. It was still tablefare as well too bad we had to release as it was the only fish of the day.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
haha WOW that is a super super late silver. I saw 2 of them in the hatchery stream when I was last up there in early January before it closed for a couple weeks and I thought those were late. theres been way too many cascade river goose egg steelie reports this year Tdown: myself included many times :(

·
Banned
11 Posts
we've hit 2 silvers in the last 2 weeks over here on the OP, i have been suprised by as many of these reports i have heard

·
Registered
867 Posts
I saw a lot of late silvers this year on the cascade which was nice to see. If you look under the bridge that crosses the river you can usually see a bunch. This was definetly a down year on the cascade for steelhead though but I think part of the problem was the extreme low water all season. I did land 17 fish in 8 trips but had to really work for them. Based on the really good fishing in the mainstem of the skagit I truly believe a lot of the cascade fish stray and never return to the hatchery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts