Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Administrator
13,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry about the quick and dirty report, I'm short on time.

Water temp: 44 Deg
Fish caught @ Depth: 20ft
Speed: 2.3 mph
Gear: lead core line, 4 colors
Spoon: Brass needlefish, Redhead

Lost a brute, boated 2 fish.

Attachments

·
Registered
613 Posts
Great pics! I've been debating about hitting up the big lake or lake sam this weekend. I was leaning towards lake sam but you have now made it tougher.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Man those sandwiches look good! Nice catch hook!

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Nice report, Bruce!

Question on the screen. Do those curves (upside down U) represent a fish or group of fish? And is it correct to say they were at about 80' and moved up to 20'? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Oh man do those sandwiches look good!!! :eek: And the fish ain't too bad either!! (spoken like a true "fat boy")

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
nice goin Bruce, The arches are not fish imho...most likely pices of the old I 90 bridge they sunk out there and there are a couple of sunken airplanes on the bottom of the lake out there too....50 hz on the finder gives you a wider range on the screen...its a good idea to try it in fresh water...you dont need 200 hz banging away out there on fresh water all the time....?

·
Administrator
13,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you notice on the screen you can see my downrigger ball, the wider cone angle gives you a better chance of seeing your ball. The 50hz give you a wider cone angle and allows you to see more water. If I were looking for more detail and structure I would use the 200hz. The arches are most likely schools of small fish on or near the bottom, most likely the same thing that was in the stomach of the cutthroat shown in the picture. Possibly smelt.

·
Administrator
13,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
reelinanrockin said:
nice goin Bruce, The arches are not fish imho...most likely pices of the old I 90 bridge they sunk out there and there are a couple of sunken airplanes on the bottom of the lake out there too....50 hz on the finder gives you a wider range on the screen...its a good idea to try it in fresh water...you dont need 200 hz banging away out there on fresh water all the time....?
Hey the last time we talked you told me the water was too cold and the sockeye fisherman caught all the cutthroat. LOL wink: Maybe one day I'll take you out again so you can catch a fish or two. Your "luck" hasn't been very good lately. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Nice.

March was always my favorite time to fish for cutts on the big lake back when we used to live on it.

I liked fishing the storms better than the calm in terms of the quality of fishing. However, its always nice to have it like you did yesterday with no skiers/boat traffic and the lake like a bath pond.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Way to go Dr. Hook.... Tup:

Now you just gave me another thing that I gotta do this weekend. I either gots to get rid of some of my hobbies or win the lotto and quit my job so I gots the time to play with them all.....

Gonna have to dust off all my brass-n-red needlefish lures that I got after your Lake WA Cuttie Slideshow last year down at the Fed. Way Sportsmans Warehouse. Way to put a fire under my arss.....

·
Registered
613 Posts
Hook, I've always ran a flasher in front of my needlefish and done pretty well. Do you run it alone or with the flasher?

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
very nice cuttie.
I may be out there trolling this Sunday.

Short on time but a very informative report, Thank you.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts