Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about heading out to Tapps this saturday for some smallies. It may be a little bit early, but I need to vent some of my steelie frustrations and dont want to pay the gas bill in getting over to the coast. Just wondering if anyone knew what the water height was at and if the launches are available. Last year at this time the water was crazy low. Also, are they charging to get into the park yet or is it still free until a certain time of year? Thanks.

·
Registered
253 Posts
The lake looks good Tup: , Alan York launch is free for now. Have not been out yet, probily Sunday to wash the salt out.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is York the big one on the North end of the lake?? Or the smaller one near Bonney Lake?? Either way, thanks for the info. Hopefully I will tie into one of these again.

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,955 Posts
I've been hitting the lake about once a week for the past four weeks. Right now the water temp is around 45 deg. I haven't had any real success yet but once the water temp hits about 52 deg it should pick up. The lake is almost at full capacity, they did not drain the lake much this winter, in fact the launches have been usable all winter. This should be a good year on the lake, I'm really looking forward to it!

Allen York is the Bonney Lake launch and as NW Jet said, right now its free to use. Good luck!

Here's a picture I took on the lake last week.

Attachments

·
Registered
554 Posts
FinAddict said:
Thinking about heading out to Tapps this saturday for some smallies. It may be a little bit early, but I need to vent some of my steelie frustrations and dont want to pay the gas bill in getting over to the coast. Just wondering if anyone knew what the water height was at and if the launches are available. Last year at this time the water was crazy low. Also, are they charging to get into the park yet or is it still free until a certain time of year? Thanks.
Hey Fin, NW, Hook

Just wondering if Tapps has any Largemouth in them?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tend to target smallies in deeper water over the LMB. But Ive caught a decent ammount of bucketmouths while doing it. a couple decent ones 3-5 lbs as well. I think Tapps is a pretty awesome fishery if you as me. You can get into those back channels and coves out of the skier and wakeboarder traffic which is annoying at best (most of them are actually A Holes and have no problem coming within 50 or 60 of you). Ive yet to catch the infamous tiger muskie, but thats on my goal list for fishing this year. Seen them, just couldnt get em to strike.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The website for the lake levels from USGS is http://waterdata.usgs.gov/wa/nwis/uv?site_no=12101000. Currently it is about 541' elevation with full pool around 543'. As far as the launches are concerned, the Alan Yorke launch is going to be free for the time being until the lake reaches "Recreational Levels" due to some clown who's vehicle was ruined by the hydraulic bollard that raised as his subaru was leaving the launch. :oops:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts