Lake Kapowsin | Gamefishin.com
  1. FindTheFish6

FindTheFish6 New Member

New to the site, so hello to everyone! Hope I Can get some help...

I fished Lake Kapowsin for a while yesterday without any luck. Hooked into some nice stumps was about it. Anyone have any luck out there? And with what methods?

Thanks in advance!

2. River_Phisher

River_Phisher Active Member

I got this from Esoxangler!

FISH FOR PERCH! Small jigs, with worm i believe he said. I will give you info on it for the summer, cause it's one of the only lakes i'm on!

3. stillwater

stillwater Active Member

4. Gotem_Large

Gotem_Large Member

That lake is hard to fish at times I have had luck with panther martin spinners, wedding rings, bobber and worm for trout. Normally I fish it in april when the water starts to warm up

5. fishn2gthr4ever

fishn2gthr4ever Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to you, FindTheFish6!

Great tips you guys... Thank you, Stillwater for suggesting the F24 video! Here is the YouTube link:

Make the YouTube experience even better by clicking on the 360 button and upgrading to 480!
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wcH4AhClUw[/youtube]

6. Frog

Frog Active Member

Kapowsin can be difficult but generally a peaceful lake to fish with very few people foolish enough to use outboards.

Yes there are LOTS of stumps! Bass, trout, perch, crappie, rock bass all live there.

Here's a map with depth lines.
    South end has deepest parts.
    Here is some info from Washington Lakes.com Click the depth map at bottom and you'll see the various depths of different parts.

Well I can't post the link but go to WashingtonLakes.com click lakes index find k and then kapowsin. You'll find reports and info. The info one has maps and depth charts.

7. Slammin8er

Slammin8er Member

For Bass:
    3" to 5" weightless blue senko.

8. GregE

GregE Well-Known Member

Salty Senko in oil can color works well too. I've never fished it this time of year though

9. FindTheFish6

FindTheFish6 New Member

Right on! Thanks for the info. Can't wait for the weather to get a bit warmer. It was an awesome day out there Saturday though. Not a bite all day but a nice sunshine, even a bald eagle flyby! Sure beats work!

Can't believe the fast responses. I like this site! haha. I hadn't fished for quite a bit since I was a kid, but got back into the action for fall salmon with an old friend of mine... Had a blast on the Humptulips for silvers, and haven't looked back. Looking forward to more posts!

- FindTheFish6

Search tags for this page

athometric method

deepest part of kapowsin lake

lake kapowsin b athometric chart

lake kapowsin barometric map

lake kapowsin boat launch

lake kapowsin boat rental