Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About this time every year I get out my "Kokanee, a complete fishing guide" book by Dave Biser and read it again. This year the book has inspired these.

Last year's larger flies with smile blades were only so-so. I still have a chartruse to rig up. This year I think I have a winner! :mrgreen:

That is as long as I can keep this crazy guy with a big Alumaweld from driving over my lines! wink:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Re: Kokanee beware...

Pretty! and a good way to get some extra mileage out of our Spinner's. Tup:
"TRAPPER"

·
Registered
2,552 Posts

Very nice Howard. I especially like the top one. Please let us know how they work.

I've been putting together some new stuff as well. I'll have to take a few pics and put them up in the next few days.

I agree about that big Alumaweld. That bastard better not run over my lines again this year either. :D

·
Registered
4,263 Posts

Yes that is a good book Tup:

·
Registered
613 Posts

Those look good, let us know how they work. I plan on hitting Meridian tomorrow now that the rivers up here are closed. I recieved some new gear from a company in Utah and they threw in free stuff, more to follow. clap:

·
Registered
2,552 Posts

Here's some of the ammo I'll be throwing at the kokes this year. I can't wait for Memorial day - it should be the kickoff for a great season on the big lake.

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,955 Posts

Those bugs are pretty cool. Where did you get them?

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

NICE :cool: Tup: I have a couple bugs in my stash but have never used them.

Did you do the tape on the Sling Blades? Those are sling blades, right?

·
Registered
2,552 Posts

The bugs are from Kokaneemart.com. I've purchased a number of times from these guys and have always been impressed with their products and the speed at which they arrive. The last two times they actually included a couple of bonus lures/bugs to try (which actually turned me on to the bugs in the first place.)

I have a couple of the bugs attached to a Dick Nite... I'll have to get pictures and post them over the weekend.

Howard - I actually bought the dodgers with the tape already attached. I could have done it myself but I don't have any more tape laying around. The blue dodger actually did pretty well for me last year but my all time favorite was the Wild Thing Watermelon... Very cool action and the small profile produces very little drag. I'm pretty sure it's just the blade off of a large FST spoon.

·
Registered
613 Posts

This is what I have in my arsenal, just cleaned out the tackle box. I picked up the koke downrigger clip and a UV hoochie from http://www.rockymountaintackle.com/. The owner was nice enough to call me and let me know he expedited my order and threw in the extra hoochie so that I would receive it for this weekend. More pics with fish tomorrow. wink:

·
Administrator
13,955 Posts
I just picked up some of those Rocky Mountain mini squids a couple weeks ago. Thy look great, I'm looking forward to giving them a try.

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
Dr Hook said:
I just picked up some of those Rocky Mountain mini squids a couple weeks ago. Thy look great, I'm looking forward to giving them a try.
Those look great! This is going to be ICEKOKE year on Lake Stevens. Open seats available. wink:

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I am ready for Koke fishing. I just bought one of the Daiwa spinmatic rods (matched with a Trion). I know it is not the same as your classic Lami, but I like it. I would like to see another Koke fest, like we had at Lake Stevens, or pick another lake - so I don't get run over by skier.
I enjoy all the Koke setups people are putting out, I am not an expert and appreciate the lure suggestions.
On the water - Cheez

·
Registered
553 Posts
Cheez said:
I am ready for Koke fishing. I just bought one of the Daiwa spinmatic rods (matched with a Trion). I know it is not the same as your classic Lami, but I like it. I would like to see another Koke fest, like we had at Lake Stevens, or pick another lake - so I don't get run over by skier.
I enjoy all the Koke setups people are putting out, I am not an expert and appreciate the lure suggestions.
On the water - Cheez
SpinMatic rods are sweet. Have a few myself, they will treat you very well.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I failed everyone. Hit Meridian today, my brother had one on that came unbuttoned. He's never fished for kokes and brought it in as fast as he could, even though I told him not to. I couldn't find any schools. I'm thinking the water needs to come up a few degrees to get them moving around.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the report, epidemic. Good for you on getting out Tup: I have the boat hooked up in front of the house ready to go. I'll hit Stevens and give it a go. It's been sooooo long! Just getting out will be nice. I'll follow up with a report too.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts