Discussion Starter #1
Killer Clam Dip

8 ounces reduced fat cream cheese softened at room temperature
½ cup no fat sour cream
1-1 ½ cups ground razor clams
½ cup clam juice
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon green Tabasco Sauce (more or less depending on taste)
1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce

If you are using home canned clams, grind them through a ¼� plate and reserve the juice. If you are using fresh clams, boil them for 2 minutes in ½ cup of Snow’s clam juice, drain reserving liquid and plunge into ice water, drain, then grind through a ¼� plate. If you are using canned minced clams then drain and reserve liquid and add Snow’s if required.

I like a clammy tasting dip but I don’t like it runny so I reduce the clam juice by about ½ by boiling uncovered over medium heat.

Mix all ingredients except clam juice

Add clam juice a tablespoon at a time until you reach the desired consistency, remembering that the dip will thicken up when it is chilled.

Refrigerate for a minimum of 8 hours 24 is better

Resist the temptation to add more spices until the flavors have a chance to meld at least 8 hours.

For something different, add ¼-½ cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese… the good stuff… not that sawdust that comes in a green can. that moderates and liberals think for themselves.

Face it all you super-mega-ultra-conservatives... the American people... through their embrace of John McCain and the 2 Democratic candidates have patently REJECTED extremist conservatism and it's core values of fear, hatred and intolerance. It is once again relegated to the fringes... where it will utimately remain impotent and irrelevant for the forseeable future. Tup:

8 years of disastrous neocon foreign and domestic policies and the most inept, corrupt administration in this country's HISTORY... have taken their toll on the American electorate... and they have responded with a resounding "get the f%ck out, we're SICK of it" message. sick:

Let the whinin' and cryin' begin... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:ossible reach the creek.

Agian, I want to reaffirm that I think the spanaway creek project you are working on may have some benefit, I just am not very confident

·
Registered
236 Posts
Excellent Dip..That is so close to the one I use. Thanks for the tip on boiling the clan juice.

Have you ever tried adding 1 cup smoked fish to replace the clams & juice it is also very good. Tup:

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
clackadrifter said:
Have you ever tried adding 1 cup smoked fish to replace the clams & juice it is also very good. Tup:
Yes, and sometimes I'll add 1/4-1/2 teaspoon dill with the smoked salmon and/or substitute 1/4 teaspoon red pepper for the Tabasco.

Hey Duro, we should do a section for dips (uh.. chip dips that is :D ) I'll bet there are a lot of good ones out there in GF-land.

Bear

·
Registered
236 Posts
Slowleak said:
clackadrifter said:
Yes, and sometimes I'll add 1/4-1/2 teaspoon dill with the smoked salmon and/or substitute 1/4 teaspoon red pepper for the Tabasco.

Hey Duro, we should do a section for dips (uh.. chip dips that is :D ) I'll bet there are a lot of good ones out there in GF-land.

Bear
I bet that is good, with the dill. I second a dip section.
Easy to make and always a hit at a party.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Slowleak if ya like garlic you will like this combo also

8 ounces reduced fat cream cheese softened at room temperature
½ cup no fat sour cream
½ teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon dried mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 to 2 teaspoon minced garlic More if ya like a strong dip
1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce

Mix all ingredients & put in the fridge, let set for 6 or more hours. 24hrs is better.
I may try adding the ½ teaspoon green Tabasco Sauce (more or less depending on taste) next time

I will let ya know how it goes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts