Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished Lake Kachess on Sunday and caught a bunch of Kokanee and a couple of nice 17" Cuts. Pretty good fishing for only an hour away from my house. Better than Lake W. anyway. I caught the first cutt trolling on lead-core at about 30 feet with a Kokanee rig: pop gear and a wedding-ring with white corn. The second cutt I caught trolling on the surface (80 pulls) with pop gear and a silver and red Canadian Wonder. Caught all the Kokanee on white corn at 30-40 feet.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Fished there 5 mornings in early August. Trolled plugs (mostly 4" Silver Horde) off downrigger just above fish marks. Caught a couple of squawfish and cutthroat in the 16" to 18" range. Has anybody caught Mac's?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On August 7, 1999 I caught a 2lb (16inch) fish on the southeast side of Lake Kachess off the bank, using a nightcrawler about 6 feet deep. It was quite a fighter, had very muscular jaw area, rounded nose with wide mouth, was dark greenish-black in coloring on back through middle of body, with blotchy yellow belly, 1 main fin on back(almost squared off) and 2 lower fins with hint of red tips, no whiskers or teeth. I would greatly appreciate any thoughts of what kind of fish this was, I have looked in books and can't seem to pinpoint a certain species.Hoping someone with knowledge of this lake can help.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fished there all weekend, and only caught 1 rainbow about 14 inches trolling with pop gear. Very windy and chilly. Wish we could get more info on what to use to catch fish in this lake.Please reply if you have any suggestions.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
went out about 9:00am trolled for trout with wedding ring trailing from a luhr jensen ford fender with nightcrawler very rainy, caught 4, 2 were cutts about 15", 1 was a kokanee about 16" and 1 was rainbow about 15". can somebody e-mail me at [email protected] about how and where to catch burbout. thanx.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Went to Kachees last weekend and fished both sat and sun caught 1 trout 15", 6 kokanee, and set a burbot line and got 3, [email protected] 30" plus and 1 about 24". had 5 hooks out but lost one and nothing on the last hook. Am going again tomorrow and will keep you posted.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
didnt get on the lake until 3pm so not much luck. only 1 kokanee caught got lots of bites but couldn't get them in the boat. used pop gear with wedding ring, worm and white corn. the fish are really starting to bite so luck should get much better as summer goes on.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
only caught one on sat the 23rd. nice 5 lb. mack. didnt set a ling line this time but maybe next weekend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts