Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm probraly wrong for this BUT....
I'm having a problem with Waste management and the way that they are taking care of not only my pickups but my neighbors as well.
My wife has even taken a day off work to try and appease the route driver that Now takes care of our street, block neighborhood.
According to them, our cans are to close to the roadside ditches, that arent sidewalks or a good place for their trucks too get too.
I've lived in this place since 1992 and never had a problem until last spring when we started getting some really obnoxious stickers placed on the receptacles telling us that we are not placeing our cans in the approprioat place for their trucks to gather the trash. I do understand that if I had a bunch of broken down, meth-house vehicles, abandonded and blocking the way that they would have a point.
What I do have are a group of great neighbors most of them that have owned their houses, raised their kids, and retired since the very early Sixties. My immediate neighbor is 81 and his wife is 79.
Now I want to ask all of you. Should I just lay-down for the corporate responce, bury head in sand? Or would you, If you were in my position keep paying my garbage bill yet personally deliver it to their office lobby?

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
I think I would call the company and get a manager on the phone and explain the problem. When that doesn't work, I would send the company a letter signed by all the neighbors and if they don't respond to the letter, then I would start writing the newspapers and calling the tv news stations. Sooner or later you will get their attention.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

·
Registered
693 Posts
i watched as the trash guy droped the plasic bin off of the lifting device and proceded to smash the crap out of my nieghbors dumpster trying to right it after dumping. bend over, one hand pick up, and done, but nooo, gotta smash the bejeeesus out of it trying to right it mechanicly, lazy ass! he totaly busted the whole lid off of it and throws it back on the can and off he went. i find mine on the lawn, on the sidewalk, in the street...and the truck always leaks hydraulic fluid on front of my place and it pizzes me off. sounds like i better make a call. a huge monopoly like waste mgmt should be able to have a guy tighten the friggen fittings once in a while. and they could train chimpanzees to do a better job and it would just cost them a bunch of bananas!

·
Super Moderator
6,601 Posts
I would give the main office a call and let them know what is going on. Don't take those stickers personally they are worded in a not-so-nice way.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I gave up on dealing with them and just toss the bags in the back of my pickup once a month and head to the dump. I wish the retards could do something as simple as pick up the trash but routinely failed to do so.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I had the same problem, I said screw it and went out and bought a 4 more garbage cans got to the dump about every 5 weeks, 19 bucks a load, alot cheaper that what they were charging to come to my house once a week for 1 can.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
crop duster said:
i watched as the trash guy droped the plasic bin off of the lifting device and proceded to smash the crap out of my nieghbors dumpster trying to right it after dumping. bend over, one hand pick up, and done, but nooo, gotta smash the bejeeesus out of it trying to right it mechanicly, lazy ass! he totaly busted the whole lid off of it and throws it back on the can and off he went. i find mine on the lawn, on the sidewalk, in the street...and the truck always leaks hydraulic fluid on front of my place and it pizzes me off. sounds like i better make a call. a huge monopoly like waste mgmt should be able to have a guy tighten the friggen fittings once in a while. and they could train chimpanzees to do a better job and it would just cost them a bunch of bananas!
It sounds like you live in my neighborhood. I've had them dump half my yard waste can in the street and drive away with 50 gallons of grass clippings in the road. There isn't a single one of their trucks that doesn't leak either engine oil or hydraulic fluid. I've got oil spots as big as a large pizza in front of my house. :evil: :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
They do alright in my neighborhood. You might find something on the ground once in a while. There has been a few times when they missed a p/u. I just called, and they said,"what do you want to do. Get a credit, or have us come out, and get the trash."
Don't ask about the mail!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Since they have come out w/ those trucks w/ the mechanical arms, there goes the quality of garbage persons.
Now they don't want to ever get out of there truck. "LAZY"

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Mechanical arms do make things more efficient. But your situation is terrible. Video and pictures help a lot in this case. Talk to corporate and if you really need to, get the media involved.

·
Registered
475 Posts
This makes my blood boil… it doesn’t matter where you live, the service from Waste Management (Rabanco) and/or Allied Waste is just plain crappy. I live in an upscale neighborhood in rural King County where folks have pride of ownership and keep their property up. For several years I used my own recycle and garbage cans and I routinely found them in the ditch, the yard or in the street, tipped over with the lids somewhere else. They have to actually get out of their trucks and hand dump owner supplied cans but they can stay in the truck if you use the vendor supplied can.

First I left very polite notes on the cans asking them to please not throw my cans in the ditch and to at least put the lids inside the cans instead of throwing them aside. That resulted in them tearing the handles off my cans and stealing the lids the next week. By the way, these operators make about $70,000 a year. I called and politely complained and was told, in no uncertain terms by an extremely rude customer service rep, that it was not the operators throwing my cans around “It’s probably some boys in your neighborhood just being boys.�

The very next week, my brand new cans looked like they had been in a demolition derby and I was pissed. This time I called and complained but not as polite and again I got the same snotty answer but this time with some advice. “Sir, if you would use our cans, with the hinged lid, this probably wouldn’t happen.� My reply was “Hmmm, you mean if I use your cans (that cost more because they are bigger) the neighborhood boys wouldn’t throw them in the ditch? I didn’t give her a chance to answer and asked to speak with her supervisor and was put on terminal “hold�. The next billing cycle I was charged for “overweight and additional cans�. I had only placed out a partially full 32 gallon can; when I called to complain about that, she told me I was responsible for whatever was on the curb in front of my house and that the driver noted there were “three cans and an overweight black plastic container�. I refused to pay the charge and demanded to speak to her supervisor and was put on terminal hold again. I ended up contesting the invoice via snail mail and the charge was dropped. I emailed King County, who has the contract, and complained bitterly about customer service. I received a short response with the contact information for the vendor.

The Mrs. was afraid I’d blow a gasket so she ordered a new container from the vendor which, buy the way, is a rip off. Their can will probably hold 35 gallons of water but, due to the design, I defy you to get 35 gallons of solid waste in it. And… when the wife called the service rep asked if we would like to keep our can or have it removed, she told them we wanted to keep it because it was brand new… they took it.

In addition, I had the same problem with the trucks leaking hydraulic oil all over the place. I called and complained about that and got nowhere. So… I called the sheriff’s office (I may have slightly exaggerated how much oil was actually spilled) and they told me to call 911 to get a deputy out there so I did. The deputy was reluctant to do anything until I ran the math past her. If that truck leaked a mere 1/8 cup of fluid at every stop and he made say 250 stops a day that equals about 40 gallons a month. She took a report but I have no idea if it ever went anywhere. I don’t know how many trucks and how many stops each truck makes, or how much they really leak but I’ll bet it is sufficient to land them a pretty hefty fine.

In any case, my service has not improved with the rental can and the only improvement is that I don’t have to chase down my can lids because they are now attached.

If anyone has successfully improved their service I would really like to hear how you did it.ogy in the behaviors of Barack and Michelle Obama?[/i]

Barack's life of social activism, coupled with an emphasis in his speeches on government social action to eradicate unjust suffering, aligns with Cone's words, albeit in a context that extends beyond the black community to the nation, and then to the world. Cone wrote:

"Therefore, whoever fights for the poor, fights for God; whoever risks his life for the helpless and unwanted, risks his life for God. God is active now in the lives of those men who feel an absolute identification with all who suffer because there is no justice in the land." (p. 47, Black Theology & Black Power)
Michelle Obama's recent statement about pride-in-country is thoroughly consistent with both the Africentric theology of Trinity UCC and with the black theology of their spiritual mentor's (Wright's) mentor (Cone). Her efforts to explain what she meant by her statement have, so far, been vague. The less she says, the better it will be for her husband's campaign. The more she elaborates on what she meant, the more damage she could do to his candidacy.

In the wake of her statement, some commentators were quick to respond with wonderment that she wasn't proud of such geo-political milestone events like the fall of the Berlin wall, the collapse of the USSR, the liberation of Kuwait, as well as, on a personal level, her elite education and the election of her husband to the U.S. Senate.

What they don't understand is that, while Barack is the softer, social justice side of black liberation theology, Michelle is the harder anti-white-supremacy side:

- The fall of the Berlin Wall was a seminal event in the battle between two white racist, oppressive political-economic systems. What's to be proud of there?

- The fall of the USSR was merely the victory of one racist system that has long exploited poor, non-white, Third World countries with economic colonialism over another system similarly guilty. What's to be proud of in that victory? Both brought havoc and death upon the surrogate countries when their Cold War battles turned hot.

- The liberation of Kuwait, too, falls into the category of white supremacist politicians exercising U.S. military power over an oil-rich region of the world. What's to be proud if there?

- And, the idea that her education should be a matter of pride could be heard as having a condescending tone that suggests she should be proud because she, a black woman, earned degrees generally reserved for whites.

These responses would be thoroughly consistent with Cone's theology -- the mentor of the Obamas' spiritual mentor. Cone's myopic theological worldview looks solely through the prism of his understanding of the experience of Blacks in America as victims of white oppression.

Ironically, while the media has occasionally focused on the religious beliefs of Mike Huckabee and Mitt Romney, a much more substantive faith element has been at work in Obama's campaign, and the media mostly hasn't noticed, or if it has, hasn't commented.

None of this, if accurate, makes Barack Obama a man necessarily unsuitable for the Presidency of the United States, nor his wife for the role of First Lady. But, it may give us cause to further explore their worldviews, and the perspectives of those who, like Dr. Cone, have influenced the formation of those views.

By Lee Cary American Thinker

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
One way to get better service is to move......!!
I'd be writing letters and talking with somebody in charge, not the monkey answering the customer service lines.............
That's really sad to pay for a service and not get it.................'ain't right!

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
It would be nice if you could just cancel the service an find another way to get your garbage to the transfer station but in Seattle that is simply not allowed.

You get water, sewer and garbage as a package with no option to cancel the garbage portion.

I knew a guy who just paid the water and sewer portion and after about a year of arguing the city just came out to his house... removed the water service meter... capped the ends of the pipes... and, believe it or not, filled the access vault with cement. :lol:

Proof that it can sometimes be futile to argue with the gub'ment. :(

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I work for condominiums and have had many dealings with Waste Mismanagement. I have never had a satisfactory conclusion to any problem. It does not matter who you talk to or how cooperative you try to be. It is like the rain...If you live in the Pacific NW you are going to get wet. If you use WM you are going to get pissed. When I needed a 25 yd container to remove some demolition debris I used another private contractor. The regular driver came by and had the guts to tell me that I had to use their union drivers. Needless to say, that conversation was a disappointment for him.

Good luck

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Don't know if it's still the same but, back in MN where my family is the trash guys were independents. You went with whoever gave you the best deal or service.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Slowleak
Im on the same page with you. My blood is boiling over this...
We have called the same chimps that you have, and been told that since we " dont " comply with their
wishes then we have to deal with not only the snotty stickers on our receptacle, but now I can't place them anywhere that their trucks cant reach them.
In the past I would put them side by side at the end of the drive. The end of the drive is right next to a 3 ft ditch that all the junior- high kids can just kick into it. Some times the wind DOES blow real hard and after dumping are easily blown into the ditch. These things I do understand and accept, but when I get told that I,m always wrong and their always right then I just get pissed.
I even e-mailed them after my spew last night, to explain that they shouldnt tell me that I need to park my own car in a different spot in my driveway just to appease the collector.

Sorry for the rant but it just seems to get worse as it goes along.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I guess I must be living right. Both drivers (recycle and trash) seem to be great guys, trash truck driver even puts the can up by the house sometime, cans have never been tipped over and lid is always on, I talk to them both from time to time if I'm out in the yard when they arrive. No problems in 4 years.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the general said:
I guess I must be living right. Both drivers (recycle and trash) seem to be great guys, trash truck driver even puts the can up by the house sometime, cans have never been tipped over and lid is always on, I talk to them both from time to time if I'm out in the yard when they arrive. No problems in 4 years.
General

I used to have great drivers as well. In fact I would tip them at X-mas, Memorial day, what have you.

Waste Management used to be ok. Before them Federal way disposal was the cats MEOW.

My recycle pickup is not a problem, they do a great job.

It is the regular garbage pick-up that is the pain.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Our driver stopped me one day and requested I put my "trash receptacles" in a certain place away from my neighbors'. So, I put them where he asked and even though they are harder for him to get to, he doesn't knock over any other ones getting to mine so he is happy. They broke a wheel off last week and after a phone call they swapped it for a new one.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts