Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
John Keizer of Fish Frontiers is going to be the speaker for PSA Sno-King this Thursday (March 13) at 6:30 pm at PSA Sno-King. He has his powerpoint program with projector. Get there early for a front row seat. Admission is free. Grand Raffle prize is Shimano Travalia rod with a tuna reel. Lots of Tuna gear to win. Learn about sea surface temps and chlorophyl charts among everything else. John runs out of Westport. I have tried for years to get John up north and finally landed him.
SCSC
220 Railroad Ave
Edmonds, WA
6:30 pm
Food and drink available for those coming straight from work.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will see you there Cornfed. John always puts on a great performance.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
If you are thinking about going out for tuna this summer, I Highly recommend this seminar. I went to Johns tuna Seminar last year at a South King PSA meeting, and I found it very informative. It helped me get prepared to give Fishing for albacore a try in my boat...

The info on the SST (terrafin) and Chlorophyll really helps you get dialed in on where to Look for tuna. Its a very big ocean, and having this info will definately increase your chances of catching a lot of fish.

He also goes over the importance of safety equipment, which is another very serious subject when you are up to 50-60 miles from shore..

Combining what I learned at the semnar, and knowledge from fishing the Gulf for Yellowfin, Heres the results of my first ever foray for Albacore last summer on my boat:

19 fish in less than 2 hours of actual time with lines in the water!!! The boat couldnt hold any more fish!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts