Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
looks good. one thing you may want to keep watch for... some plastics do not react well with paints. If this is the case, the material from the eggs ***might*** start dissolving the paint on your jig head.

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Worth a try, might be a real hit. Why 2 eyes?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hmm interesting,,let me know how that works..interested to see how fast it gets down to the holding area considering those eggs float....

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NWFE said:
Hmm interesting,,let me know how that works..interested to see how fast it gets down to the holding area considering those eggs float....
If it means anything it sinks in a glass of water with a hesitation.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Two eyes on the jig - that allows a dropper below the jig for a pink worm or some other presentation. Anybody tried that?

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bag'em said:
Two eyes on the jig - that allows a dropper below the jig for a pink worm or some other presentation. Anybody tried that?
I will hook that up like that. see how it works.

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
That looks really good, I like fishing with a dropper with some eggs on the hook, or sandshrimp

·
Registered
88 Posts
why Ez Eggs? Beads are less money and have worked for ages. conf: I am waiting for the Ez Egg herring rig for salt water! :lol: Then we will be on to something. My .02 wink:

Later.........

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know beads work. Why not try something new. You never know if something will work till you give it a try.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
I guarantee that will work! I've also made jig bodies with hot glue for glue eggs. There are a ton of colors and the champaigne pink is killer with white or light pink marabou. The key to the glue egg bodies is to rotate the jig in a fly tying vise until it hardens. This keeps them from getting oblong.

Nice work, go catch something with it!

·
Banned
388 Posts
Fishy, are those ez eggs just impaled on the hook with no glue? It looks like a quick and easy way to make a jig. Do you guys fish these ez egg jigs with a bobber or just drift them?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts