Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having trouble with the beads going to the top over the marabou once I pull it through, and the 2nd bead having marabou bunch up between it and the 1st bead (and I did drill with 7/64), but number 2-4 are a little better than the 1st...

·
Registered
261 Posts
Re: Jigs, 2-4, getting a little better, still need help..

Rory,
Put a tight wrap of thread under your beads( before you slide your beads up to the head). It will minimize the bunching and give you a more durable jig.
Jody

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thanks Jody.

·
Registered
261 Posts

Rory,
Those are looking preety sweet! They will definently produce. Give me a ring if you have questions.
Jody

·
Registered
111 Posts

Looking good, just keep at it. That's exactly how I learned, trial and error, asking questions, trying new things/ways etc. Your on your way to a full blown jig tying addiction :D Pretty soon you will have storage tubs full of fly tying materials that you will never use.

Speaking of jigs, I better get back at it, only have about 75 more to do tonight.

Jig'n

·
Registered
222 Posts
The pink one is steelie candy. If you use white or red tying thread over the maraboo butts and then slide them into the beads the bead color is brighter. Put a drop of supper glue between the beads to lock every thing in place. All three jigs lock good and will catch fish Tup: .

·
Registered
3,303 Posts

Jig'n said:
Looking good, just keep at it. That's exactly how I learned, trial and error, asking questions, trying new things/ways etc. Your on your way to a full blown jig tying addiction :D Pretty soon you will have storage tubs full of fly tying materials that you will never use.

Speaking of jigs, I better get back at it, only have about 75 more to do tonight.

Jig'n
:shock:

How long does it take you to do one?

·
Registered
111 Posts
With everything ready, about 1 minute. But if you include pouring the lead, painting the heads, curing heads, cleaning out hook eye's, prepping feathers, drilling beads, etc. it takes alot longer.

Jig'n

·
Registered
416 Posts
Jig'n said:
With everything ready, about 1 minute. But if you include pouring the lead, painting the heads, curing heads, cleaning out hook eye's, prepping feathers, drilling beads, etc. it takes alot longer.

Jig'n
So what is the proper way to fish these jigs with the inline sinker? pictures if you have some or just describe a how-to presentation am new to this kind of fishing using jigs Thanks alot Tup:

·
Registered
111 Posts
FishHawker said:
Jig'n said:

Jig'n
So what is the proper way to fish these jigs with the inline sinker? pictures if you have some or just describe a how-to presentation am new to this kind of fishing using jigs Thanks alot Tup:
Here you go, I hope this helps.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts