Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1/4oz, basic white marabou-lots feather, very small slash of red dyed deer tail, flashabou for accent throughout the feathers.. is my favorite springer jig, tipped with shrimp in the tribs. A lot of people don't target trib springers with jigs-float.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
i very seldom use jigs for kings but i know last year i had a guy that was having me tie him a huge palmered marabou 1/4 oz jig with lots of flash in a olive green and he was trashing the springers on the kalama. i would use 6-9 feathers , this jig was enormous but he swore by it.
i prefer "good" bait or hardware for springers personally. i have had great luck with tuna balls too Tup:

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
People i see targeting springers usually use 1/4 oz chartruese green. But i have also seen fish caught on pink/purple jigs when people are targeting steelhead. So i duno, i personally prefer eggs as mentioned before!

·
Registered
220 Posts
White head white body- has done good for me. But I think as you said "the jig tied on your line works the best" as well as the jig that gets right in there face is what really matters...

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I only use floats and jigs for spring chinook when I am out of good eggs for the day. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts