Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
i would throw eggs............but thats just me. although those jigs do look mighty fine!good luck where ever you two go Tup:

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
right side middle row, third one in, that's a nice jig, or a dark purple Tup:

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
The pink one :D

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
I would use the one on the left side, right end of the middle row for starters.

·
Registered
606 Posts
They all look good. put a different one on each rod until you start to catch fish, then switch to the color that's working.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great time on the water OMK Jr. Fished Metzler's for a few hours to no avail. Saw 1 6-7 lbs Steelie hooked and beached. The kid is just like his Dad. One More Cast Dad then we can go.. :D The water was in great shape to drift fish. Jr. stuck to his Float and Jigs the whole time. It's always good to get the Kids corruptted on fishing as young as possible.

·
Registered
520 Posts
it would depend on too many factors. if it was first light i would run a light or white jig. if it was a little later on an overcast day id go with colors. if it was bright sun id go red or blk. etc.... you have some nice lookin jigs fishem with confidence and you will be ok. i would post a copy of my jig boxes but then id have to shoot ya all. clown:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Did you tie those yourself or buy them? Whenever I fish a jig I use http://www.kramertackleandguide.com/kramer_jigs For me its about showing them the right jig, the first time through the drift, and with the amount of water I cover, I want to be sure that I am confident in that jig/offering!

Good luck and have fun with the kid!

P.S. that is one feeesh catchin mofo in the corner of this steelies mouth~!

Attachments

·
Banned
108 Posts
Choice of jig has nothing to do with how many fish you catch or hook. Even if you had the best looking jig on in the world but incorrectly weighted your float and presented it half a** as compared to your fishing partner who is using a crummy looking jig but floats correctly weighted for its size and he was putting it in the zone every time he will out fish you 3 to 1 easily. However if your into choices of jigs these are a few of mine that I tie, I love to add rubber legs because they add to the action a lot in the water.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
O. mykiss said:
. Even if you had the best looking jig on in the world but incorrectly weighted your float and presented it half a** as compared to your fishing partner who is using a crummy looking jig but floats correctly weighted for its size
HUH? :?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I hear what he is saying,,,no matter what you are using, if it isnt presented properly your chances of catching fish go WAY down...however a well made jig, one that you are confident in and PROPERLY displayed to a steelhead/salmon will in deed catch more fish day in and day out then a jig that you have no confidence in and isnt any differnt then what evryone else is throwing...

If that makes any sense?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts