Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished on the opener Saturday I hooked three holdovers and about 30 planters, sunday only five fish, all holdovers, one was 18''. The guy camping next to us caught a 22'' & 20'' fish, while a fly fisherman I talked to caught a 20'' on a small steelhead streamer fly. I used flatfish for planters, but all the big fish were caught on chartruse power bait.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was at Jameson for the opener- was camped at the North End- fishing was good- most of the fish were in the 11"-14" range with a couple of 15"ers. I saw some 17" fish caught by others and heard tell of a 22"er, although I never actually saw it ;) We had good luck still-fishing using chartreuse power eggs. Most variations of power bait seemed to work well; others had good luck with Pautzke Balls of Fire and marshmallow. From what I heard trollers were having good luck with wedding rings tipped with worms or power bait or dick nites-I'm sure other trolling methods were successful as well. The nice thing about the opener this year was the absence of small fish- I really didn't see anything under 10" from anyone all weekend.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Been at Jacks Resort the past two weekends. Weather has been real nice, fishing a little bit slow, but the weather & peace and quiet more than make up for it. This is the first year I've stayed at Jacks Resort. Kinda like it with full RV hookups (power/water/sewer). Caught some limits this month and will be back shortly for 1-2 more visits. Fish are average 11-14" with an occasional 15-17". I've gone from nightcrawlers/marshmellows 20+ years ago to small (barbless/crimp the barbs) treble hooks and power bait. Nothing like last Monday when I was the ONLY guy fishing the south end of the lake as the sun came through the clouds, painted the hills red/orange, and caught my first trout of the day as I sipped a hot cup of coffee. I'm REALLY liking this place more every year as my "technology free" escape (as there are NO phones and Cell Phones and Pagers DON'T work there). Hope you all get a chance to enjoy this place too! :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jameson Lake is one of the best lakes I have ever fished at. All the people are so nice and it is quiet. You can always see the stars and there in no city for miles and miles away. There is a little store. I would definatly advise you to fish her. Stay a few days too. It is not that expensive.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been fishing from the North end of Jameson Lake since I was a wee tike and I absolutely have the best time. I love fly fishing and just with a hook and bait. I catch my limit every time and never a small one except when they are freshly planted. There are two resorts one at the North and one at the South. At the North end there is a beautiful ranch with tree's and it is a awesome scenery. Even for us really dedicated Fly fishers, there is a little pond that average 18" Rainbows. Catch and release of course and with a fee of $75/ day you cant beat it. Just ask Paul Wittig at the ranch.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This lake is tops! Ive been fishing there since I remember and you can't beat it there. Also if you want to catch some big fish in private pond, ask that guy at the ranch. You really get your money's worth of fish.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just got back from 3 awesome days of fishing at the best lake in the state. When all 4 of us is fighting a fish at once, times are good. We limited out quickly every day with rainbows averaging 15 inches in length. The smallest one being 12.5 and largest 17. I have been fishing there for 30 years and for some reason the fish seem bigger and stronger this year. The only problem we had was trying to control the big fish so they don't swim into everyones line. Highly recommend this lake. Don't listen to Dave down below. Obviously he doesn't know how to fish this lake. The lake is a beautiful coulee lake. Unlike any lake you have seen. Not the pristine high mountain lake but definately unique in its beauty. The evenings were awesome as well. We even saw the Northern Lights 3 years ago. Jack's resort on the south side has new owners who are very friendly and helpful. Stop in and say hello and try out their new expanded menu. Happy fishing. Kevin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fishing is incredible!!!!!! Five minuets into fishing, I hooked a 9 pound trout. Then I hooked a 6 pound fish five minutes later. In 30 minutes I had my limit. I was flyfishing with a yellow and green fly.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just got back from a three day weekend at Jacks Resort at the south end of the lake. Fishing is easy for fat 10-12" prestolog shaped trout (from the May/June fingerling plants) and an occasional 17-18" trout. The resort was bought this spring by two gals who have steak night on Fri/Sat/Sun nights and make some of the best homemade pies too. They have full RV hookups (power/water/sewer) for only $19/night. They're open from April THROUGH October and the lake is open for the month of October in the fall. It was mostly sunny and clear this past weekend there and very nice!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
THE NEW OWNERS OF JACK'S RESORT WOULD JUST LIKE TO THANK EVERONE FOR THEIR KIND WORDS ABOUT JAMESON LAKE AND ESPECIALLY JACK'S RESORT. WE ARE VERY HAPPY TO HEAR THAT OUR HARD WORK IS PAYING OFF! KEEP SPREADING THE WORD ABOUT OUR NEW MENU, STEAK NIGHTS, AND HOMEMADE PIES! OF COURSE, IT'S HARD TO IMAGINE HAVING A BAD EXPERIENCE ON JAMESON LAKE. THIS TOP PRODUCING TROUT LAKE IN THE STATE OF WASHINTON SPEAKS FOR ITSELF! KEEP TELLING YOUR FRIENDS ABOUT US, YOUR WORD OF MOUTH HAS BEEN VERY APPRECIATED! THANK'S FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT IN OUR FIRST SEASON! JACK'S RESORT (SOUTH JAMESON LAKE)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My son & I fished Jameson Lake Oct. 5th & 6th. We camped at Jameson Lake Resort on the north end of the lake. On Friday night we had a Douglas County "breeze" blow through- it really rattled the old tent trailer, but we woke to a beautiful fall day on Saturday. We still fished using chartreuse and orange power eggs, mostly on the east and west side of the north end. Most of the fish we caught were fairly small with some 11"-12"ers mixed in, but the capper of the weekend was my 10 year old son landing a 19" monster. He did a great job of getting the big guy to the canoe. As always, it was great to get out- the fish were just a bonus ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I fish both spring and fall (month of October) I am yet to find a lake as productive as Jameson.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just wanted to add that we spent one four-day weekend and two three-day weekends at Jacks Resort in October of 2002. As always the fishing was awesome. We prefer lawn chair fishing (for nice fat trout), an occasional snooze, and pie & coffee at about 10:30 in the morning at Jacks Resort. October was warm & sunny and the highlight of our trips were a couple of low altitude, radar evading, reconnaissance runs by A6 Intruders from Whidbey Island (out of Moses Lake)just along the cliffs and right over the lake! We'll be back in early May & for sure in October.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
started fishing north jameson in middle 50's as a high school student at waterville. didn't even know there was a south end resort until last year. decided to stop at jack's for breakfast and we [skeets osborn and ron anderson] fell in love with the place. rented a cabin, fished, had steak and lobster, a beer or two and we were hooked. have had taco tuesday and the best strawberry rhubarb pie ever since then! went back again this june, think we actually caught some fish. oh yes, they're out of pie!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
2 of us went to the south end and i caught 5 fish, and my girl caught none.There were lots of people out fishing,a nd it looked like everyone was catching fish. My fish were mixed in size- i caught 2 10" fish, 1 about 12", and 2 in the 14" range. Overall it was worth the drive from wenatchee area, we am planning on going again this weekend. I will report how it went

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hit the north end of this lake last weekend- fishing was a little slower, and fish werent as large as last week- i caught 3 in about 2 and a half hours, my girl caught nothing, missed one cause her drag wasnt set right and she stopped realing to adjust it. i think this is a nice lake

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
We fished this fall fishery in late October, and 2 of us limited out in about an hour and a half, some fish well over 14". Great times

1 - 18 of 18 Posts