Think.....Keysrob

Rock Concert Movement #2

The one handed fist pump

Ready, GO!

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Howard - try Rock Concert Movement #4

I wish I was going to the show. Sportjet and Netboy went with me last year (same tour) and it was phenomenal. If you've never seen these guys in concert then you'll be blown away (I've seen them four times.)

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Howard -

my favorite - Rock Concert Movement #237 - Taking the audience on a Jungian journey into the collective unconscious by using the shadow as a metaphor for the primal self that gets repressed by the modern persona and also by using an underground setting and labyrinth office design to represent both the depths of the psyche and the dungeon-like isolation of our increasingly mechanistic society which prevents people from finding satisfying work or meaningful connections with others.

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Howard why is an old guy like you still going to rock concents?????

It could bring on a heart attack, leave it to the young ones. :lol:

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm SO pumped for this! My wife and I bought 13 tickets to this show for our entire family as a Christmas present. Even my Grandma is going. :mrgreen: I'm digging up all the Blue Man Group music and vids I can find and checking them out.

Keysrob said:
Howard -

my favorite - Rock Concert Movement #237 - Taking the audience on a Jungian journey into the collective unconscious by using the shadow as a metaphor for the primal self that gets repressed by the modern persona and also by using an underground setting and labyrinth office design to represent both the depths of the psyche and the dungeon-like isolation of our increasingly mechanistic society which prevents people from finding satisfying work or meaningful connections with others.
So, would I understand #237 if I was a roof-dweller??

Keysrob said:
Howard - try Rock Concert Movement #4

I wish I was going to the show. Sportjet and Netboy went with me last year (same tour) and it was phenomenal. If you've never seen these guys in concert then you'll be blown away (I've seen them four times.)
This will be my first time and #4 won't be happening with this body!

sir john said:
Howard why is an old guy like you still going to rock concents?????

It could bring on a heart attack, leave it to the young ones. :lol:
I have to see at least 1 show a year, Sir John. I'm going for 3 concerts this year!!

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
Sounds like fun. For Christmas I got two tickets to the last performance of the original River Dance group on Jan 20th. Gotta polish up my stamping shoes.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Skorzeny said:
Sounds like fun. For Christmas I got two tickets to the last performance of the original River Dance group on Jan 20th. Gotta polish up my stamping shoes.
That's a great show and you'll really enjoy it. Don't let anyone tell you differently! Tup:

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
You'll have a great time. I kind of wanted to go again, but this years show sounded a lot like like year. You may want to bring some ear plugs for Grandma!

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Yes Howard, you'd probably understand #237 if you were a roofdweller.

I want a full report after the show. By the way, do you know where your seats are? There really aren't bad seats at the Everett Events Center as far as acoustics are concerned but closer is better for visual effect.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Keysrob said:
Yes Howard, you'd probably understand #237 if you were a roofdweller.

I want a full report after the show. By the way, do you know where your seats are? There really aren't bad seats at the Everett Events Center as far as acoustics are concerned but closer is better for visual effect.
I had to go through group sales at Everett Events Center and we ended up in the lower bowl at the back of the arena. I agree there are no bad seats there having been to many Silvertips games, but this will be my first "show" at that venue. We are arranged in back to back rows, 7 in front and 6 in back to keep us all close together.

·
Registered
17,616 Posts
How did I miss this post? We have some pretty cool seats and are taking both kids this time. They have been nagging us for not taking them last time. That place is gonna rock for sure.

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
Seems like it would be a great show. Are these guys still a draw or getting over played like the old Vegas show they have become? Liked them on TV the few times I saw them. I know Keysrob loves em and he has good taste.

Might have to check it out sometime.

Have a great time fella. clap:

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Iceshark said:
Are these guys still a draw or getting over played like the old Vegas show they have become?
Ice - Blue Man Group used to have their show at the Luxor in Vegas. Last year the Venetian completed a brand new theatre and BMG moved into their new digs with a new show. They've been playing to packed audiences ever since.

Worldwide the Blue Dudes have theatres in Las Vegas, Chicago, Boston, New York, Orlando, Amsterdam, Berlin, Oberhausen (Germany), Stuttgart (Germany), and Tokyo. They seem to be hanging in there (considering less than 10 years ago they were just a small time quasi-Vaudville act playing in a small theatre in Boston.)

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
Good info Rob Tup:

Maybe I will buy there DVD. Might be alittle loud for my family right now. Might take them in a few years. I still remember the cool Intel commerials with them.

Very nice

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Keysrob said:
Iceshark said:
Are these guys still a draw or getting over played like the old Vegas show they have become?
Ice - Blue Man Group used to have their show at the Luxor in Vegas. Last year the Venetian completed a brand new theatre and BMG moved into their new digs with a new show. They've been playing to packed audiences ever since.

Worldwide the Blue Dudes have theatres in Las Vegas, Chicago, Boston, New York, Orlando, Amsterdam, Berlin, Oberhausen (Germany), Stuttgart (Germany), and Tokyo. They seem to be hanging in there (considering less than 10 years ago they were just a small time quasi-Vaudville act playing in a small theatre in Boston.)
Even though this will be my first time seeing them, I can tell it will be the type of show that never gets old. They are so unique!

The wife and I saw "Jersey Boys" last night at the 5th Avenue in Seattle, talk about a great show! Tup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts