Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I thought I would just check in and let everyone know I'm still around.

I saw GURU asking about me on Ari's thread. I really appreciate everyones thoughts and well wishes. I've been doing ok lately. I hit the bottom and I'm climbing my way back up. It just takes time... I really understand that now.

Its really weird but I've lost my interest in fishing for now. :( I never thought that would happen. But I know it will come back, I've been fishing too long for it to be gone for good.

I've got into hiking lately. I usually hike by myself but I've gone out with a local group a couple of times. I'll usually go out in the Cascade foothills and do anywhere from 4-12 mile day hikes.

I did hikes on both Saturday and Sunday last weekend. Saturday I hiked Rattlesnake Ledge by myself and Sunday I hiked Cougar Mt with a group.

Here are some pics from those two hikes.

Saturday at Rattlesnake Ledge:

The lower trail

The upper trail

View of the upper ledges

View of the 1st ledge looking from the 2nd ledge

Me on the 2nd ledge, taken with a tripod

Pics from the Cougar Mt hike on Sunday.

The Clay Pit road

The Clay Pit

A covered mine shaft

One of the trails

Another trail

Damon

Attachments

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Great pix!!
That Rattlesnake hike is nice, we haven't gone the full distance, but usually go to the second lookout.........a good 1.5 hour hike if you take it easy..

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
Hooray, Damon's back. Good to see those award winning photos again. Hopefully we'll start seeing some fish shots after awhile.

Ever Forward, Damon, one day at a time........

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hi Damon,
I always look forward to your excellent Marine Area Reports with GPS track and pics. included.
-That Rattlesnake lake hike is one of my favs!
- Glad to hear that you're hanging in there.
-Keep the pictures coming.- You have quite the knack for taking good photos. - Thanks for sharing!
-Andy

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
Great pics, You look great! Did you lose some baby fat wink:

Think I need to take up hiking!

CALL me! Lets do lunch.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Great pics and good to see you're getting out and about.
Take someone with you on your hikes though dude.

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Great pics Damon, looks like some interesting scenery...

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
dmonwai,glad to see you doin the trip back.dont push the fishing,just keep doing the things that make you feel good today.the rest will fall in place when its time. once again cool pictures, mics

·
Registered
10,566 Posts

Very sound advice.

Great to hear that you are on your way back up to the top again.

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
Damon, I am really glad you are back and going strong, we were all worried about you and I am sure this makes a lot of people feel better seeing ya out and about, like someone else said "keep doing what makes you feel good and the rest will fall into place", i like that quote, anyways stay safe and good times are ahead. Tup: clap:

·
Premium Member
3,754 Posts
Ditto what Guru and everyone else says, miss hearing from you buddy, will never forget our fishin trip where you caught that whopper, hope to git to do that again. Hang in there man. Life is to short to dwell on the past, been there done that, I moved on, you will too. Good to hear from ya, might take one of those hikes with ya if'n yer intrested.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Hang in there buddy Tup: Those pictures you took look great. Have you ever checked out the old Nike missile sites on Cougar mountain? It is some neat history to go and explore.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Damon!

Nice to hear from you buddy. Hiking those trails looks like a whole lot of fun. I always enjoy looking at your photography - fish or no fish. I haven't made it out on the water as much this winter as I've wanted to either. I have a feeling once the summer weather returns, you'll get that old familiar E-bay king itch. Check in again soon :D

Brian

·
Registered
8,507 Posts
Great to hear from you Damon. You have the right idea, some new hobbies and interests to take you mind off of things and get you interested in life again.

Glad to see you back!

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
donno said:
Thanks, I appreciate the thoughts.

I do hike with others sometimes. But I also like hiking by myself a lot too.

Its kind of like fishing by yourself, you guys that know me remember that I used to do most of my fishing by myself. I know some of you guys also like fishing by yourself too. Kind of the same thing, gives you time to think about things, reflect and not worry about anyone that may be with you.

I do take all appropriate emergency gear and of course extra clothing and extra food/water. My years of fishing the salt by myself has taught me to be prepared. I'm also getting a PLB soon too.

Thanks everyone for the welcome back!

Damon

1 - 20 of 27 Posts