Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, as some you know, Duro and I lost our female Doberman a week or so ago. We miss her dearly and feel lost without her. We decided that the best thing to do, is to get another to share our home with. After speaking to a couple of breeders and wanting to go look at puppies, Duro found a male Dobie, that had been in the Seattle animal shelter. We called and went and looked at him. He is in dire need of medical attention, as he has a torn pad on his foot. He is very skinny also. The shelter had held him for 2 months and had just called Doberman rescue to get him moved out. He is the sweetest boy ever. We do not know his age, (guessing around 4 or 5) We did not want an older dog, but the look in his eyes that said "please take me home" really got to me. I know that we can give him a good home the rest of his life and make him the happiest dog ever. He has an appointment with the vet Monday afternoon to get a full check up. Here is our new boy "Sam" :D I feel really good about the decision to take and care for him as I don't think he had much time left. clap:

Attachments

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Lets hope he settles in soon and loves you just as much that you love him. clap:

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
Thats awesome that you took this dog, you really most likely saved his life and he will reward you with love because of it.
We did the same thing last year with an older cat. DeeDee found it at the animal shelter all skin and bones and was there for several months, being keep alive from a cash donor. That cat shows us everyday how grateful it is with us for giving it a home.
Nice going you two.

·
Super Moderator
6,601 Posts
Good on you guys for rescuing a dog from the shelter! I am sure Sam will be a great dog.

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
That's great Tup: , he's a lucky dog now...

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
What a nice thing to do. My wife and I have rescued our last three dogs and they all seem to know that and show their appreciation. I bet he will too.

I hope he is with you a very long time.

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
Glad to see you've adopted someone to focus your love on. Looks like it's a win/win situation for you guys and the pup Tup: !

·
Registered
475 Posts
Good for you guys. My wife and I waited 5 years before replacing our dog and then wondered why we waited so long.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
thats awesome. so many people always adopt the younger pups, and many of the older dogs eventually have to be put down. when we got our chocolate lab, we got a 3 1/2 year old who had been in the shelter since he was 2. He has been such an amazing dog, and I am sure yours will to! Tup:

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:D He seems to be taken to us well. This morning he was showing how much he loves us. All he wants to do, is show his love. Like I said, I miss my girl sooo much, but he has filled up a lot of that empty space. I love him sooo much :D :D
He needs a lot of excise and also some discipline, as he gets way to excited when we go for walks and rides :lol: I think he's happy and thats what matters, now we just got to get that foot taken care of.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Thats awesome.

Im glad you guys got him. Im sure he is just as proud and happy.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
JoJoDancer said:
I am very happy for all of you!!!
Thanks everyone! He is so funny, I took his collar off to attach his new name and rabies tags and he had a fit. (Don't take that off me, I won't have a home) He stuck his head back through it faster than I could get it on him. :lol: I am happy for us all too :D He sure knows when and how to show his affection!! Thats my boy wink:

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Well congrats on the new addition to the family really cool. Now you are gonna have to get him a girlfriend Tup: ! I knew it wouldn't be long, it just doesn't feel right not having to buy dogfood!

·
Banned
2,114 Posts
Well, you've made someone happy today. A great looking dog. We lost 2 dogs that were very dear to us almost 3 years ago. We only waited a couple months to get new kids. We still get a lump in our throats when we look at pictures of the other dogs, but it's a bittersweet lump that always ends in a smile. Your new dog looks like he's got personality. Tup:

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
FDB said:
Well congrats on the new addition to the family really cool. Now you are gonna have to get him a girlfriend Tup: ! I knew it wouldn't be long, it just doesn't feel right not having to buy dogfood!
You are so right on that FDB wink: Its those dang Dobies :lol: :lol: I just can't stay away from them. ;)

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
Dang L&L, that is FREAKIN' AWESOME!! Love seeing a happy dog with no hope get a good home, good on you both. The Kharma will come back to you ten fold - if you believe in that stuff! :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts