Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IT'S 3AM, DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOUR PRESIDENT IS?

In 1984, the phrase which changed the dynamic of the race was:
"WHERE'S THE BEEF?"

This year, the phrase might very well be the one in Hillary's anti-obama ad:
"WHO DO WANT ANSWERING THE WHITE HOUSE PHONE AT 3AM?"

The ad might win Hillary the nomination... And McCain the White House.

42% Want McCain to Answer 3:00 a.m. Phone Call
Friday, March 07, 2008
Before Hillary Clinton was declared the winner in Texas, most American voters had read, seen, or heard about her 3:00 a.m. telephone commercial. A Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey found that 43% had seen at least part of the commercial which was played incessantly on news networks and other outlets for days. Another 16% had heard something about it and the overwhelming majority (81%) correctly identified Hillary Clinton as the candidate whose campaign ran the commercial.

The commercial was credited as one factor enabling Clinton to turn her campaign around in Texas last week. But, 42% of all voters said the person they’d most want to answer the phone was John McCain. Among all voters, 25% picked Clinton and another 25% named Obama as the person they’d want in the White House when a foreign policy crisis call arrived.

Rasmussen Reports
Oops. Looks like this one backfired on Hillary in the long run. Pundits gave credit for her win in Texas to the “3 AM� ad, but its beneficial effects for Hillary have been short-lived. She only has a nine-point advantage among Democrats on the phone-call-in-the-middle-of-the-night question, but she has put both herself and Barack Obama at a serious disadvantage with regards to John McCain. The question appears to have awakened the electorate to the fact that Presidents do more than talk about hope, change, and handshaking.

The crosstabs are absolutely hilarious. John McCain beats both Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama among women, but he creams them among men â€" 51% for McCain, 19% for Hillary, and 21% for Obama. He wins in every age category except 18-29 year olds, and tops both in unaffiliated voters and self-described moderates, which both Democrats need. It’s as if Hillary decided to start campaigning for John McCain.

The best part? John McCain didn’t have to lift a finger to make this the centerpiece of the presidential campaign.

Thanks Hill! We love Ya!

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
I agree Bonzo, short term gain, long term liability. However, I am beginning to doubt that National security will be the centerpiece of the Fall campaign. The economy will be the most important issue to the voters and McCain, by his own admission, will be at a disadvantage on this one. In fact, he made the admission on tape. We will see THAT one over and over throughout the Fall.

·
Registered
296 Posts
that was a funny add. The poor little girl in the bed doesn't even support hillary. She supports obama. that footage is from a spot she was an extra in. ( king5 news lastnight).
Do any of you trust any of the candidates?
We are heading into a recession. My job is an indicator. Our freigth loads are getting lighter. Diesel is 4.03 a gallon in North Bend at the TA. Housing prices are falling, which they were inflated in the first place. But the government wants to bailout stupid people who bought more house than they could afford. Where is that money coming from? The economy is slowing down, lets give everyone a check. Where is that money coming from? Not everyone has helth insurance, lets give it to them. Where is the money coming from? Lets give everyone college grants. again where is the money coming from? And a war we are in. one more time I ask where is the money coming from?
Do you feel your wallet getting lighter boys and girls. It don't matter who gets in we are going to get a screwing and not even a kiss. One party will spend more than the other but do we know which one. The current adminstration spends like drunk sailors on the first night of liberty in a whorehouse town...

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
Most liberty towns are whorehouse towns And not all sailors are drunk. All the Beltway bums have a gift for spending the taxpayer's money.
National Security almost always takes a back seat to whatever the Democratic top spinners have on the agenda for a smoke screen.
The lead time for 'Oh Oh we have a serious threat' and the countries' ability to respond to the threat is getting shorter all the time.
Give me the starwars guy or someone like him. Please.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
hockeynharleys said:
that was a funny add. The poor little girl in the bed doesn't even support hillary. She supports obama. that footage is from a spot she was an extra in. ( king5 news lastnight).
Do any of you trust any of the candidates?
We are heading into a recession. My job is an indicator. Our freigth loads are getting lighter. Diesel is 4.03 a gallon in North Bend at the TA. Housing prices are falling, which they were inflated in the first place. But the government wants to bailout stupid people who bought more house than they could afford. Where is that money coming from? The economy is slowing down, lets give everyone a check. Where is that money coming from? Not everyone has helth insurance, lets give it to them. Where is the money coming from? Lets give everyone college grants. again where is the money coming from? And a war we are in. one more time I ask where is the money coming from?
Do you feel your wallet getting lighter boys and girls. It don't matter who gets in we are going to get a screwing and not even a kiss. One party will spend more than the other but do we know which one. The current adminstration spends like drunk sailors on the first night of liberty in a whorehouse town...
HnH, I think we are IN a recession. Being an election year, the recession probably won't be too severe, but the actions that you detail are setting us up for a lulu next year.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Skorzeny,
Never said all sailors are drunk. Nor would I contend all sailors a drunks. But that wasn't the point.The problem is we have too many people who are drunk with power. The power to spend yours and my money on stuff we don't need. We need to start a call to put term limits on the legislature. Even though they won't vote themselves out of a plush job. We 535 elected idiots in the house and senate, whose only agenda is to do whatever it takes to be reelected. And before you tell me they are not all idiots, I am using generalities.
The way they acomplish being reelceted is to promise us more and more. They talk about overspending in one breath. In the next they say see how much money I brought back to the district or state. Problem is they need to keep getting a greater slice of the pie to bring home, (earmarks). And both parties are guilty of it. Even the dems who said they were going to end it if they got in power are still doing it. Though now that they are in power they get the big share of the pie.
And they all put the party in front of the country. They should hyphenate them selves like they have done to the country __________- American. fill in the blank repub or dem. We all need to remember we are all Americans first. Sorry to those who are not.

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
I know you were just playing with generalities and the drunken sailor analogy has been with us forever and is probably well earned.
I agree on term limits. As a matter of fact I would make some of the positions fillable by citizen draft.
Like jury duty. Serve! To the best of your ability and then go on with your life after you service is up. No perpetual annuity.
No perpetual annuity for Judges either.
AANNDD When the citizens vote for an initiave. The legislative prime directive should be DON'T PHUCK With IT! As ms Brown would like to do with I 960 and I 601 too.

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was announced by the Democrats that they would make the economy their premiere issue about the time that they were forced to admit that the war in Iraq was no longer going their way.

I found an interesting question from another board...
When you start thinking for yourself, you see things differently.

A little over a year ago:
1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high.
2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon; [high, but not as high as the $3.29/gal regular I paid today]
3) the unemployment rate was 4.5%.

Since voting in a Democratic Congress in 2006 we're seen:
1) Consumer confidence drop;
2) the cost of regular gasoline over $3 a gallon;
3) Unemployment has increased is up to 5% (a 10% increase);
4) American households have seen $2.3 trillion in equity value evaporate (stock and mutual fund losses);
5) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $1.2 trillion dollars;
6)1% of American homes are in foreclosure.

America voted for change in 2006, and we got it!

What will we get for out 2008 vote?
While most of us are able to fault the validity of the assumption of guilt in the whereas basis of this question, it does give us something to think about.

And it proves that eddie does not have exclusive rights to couching presumptions of reality in the framework of a question. :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts