Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The world financial system is on the ragged edge folks. I went 80 percent cash in august and the damage is only just beginning. It won't make much difference who wins any election. The politicians we have are totally effing stupid when it comes to economics. And the idiots they apppointed are almost as useless. Bernanki, needed an education on the derivitives market.
When the system crashes they want you to believe it was dumb people buying too much house. Believing that shows your total ignorance of our financial system. A little regulation could have gone a long way but remember what you have been programmed to believe. "government regulation is bad!" After the great depression we had a slew of government regulations to prevent a melt down from happening again. Well, you idiots voted for people who let business interests write the regs and you will get what you paid for.
Remember who you voted for.

·
Registered
421 Posts
stevie said:
The world financial system is on the ragged edge folks. I went 80 percent cash in august and the damage is only just beginning. It won't make much difference who wins any election. The politicians we have are totally effing stupid when it comes to economics. And the idiots they apppointed are almost as useless. Bernanki, needed an education on the derivitives market.
When the system crashes they want you to believe it was dumb people buying too much house. Believing that shows your total ignorance of our financial system. A little regulation could have gone a long way but remember what you have been programmed to believe. "government regulation is bad!" After the great depression we had a slew of government regulations to prevent a melt down from happening again. Well, you idiots voted for people who let business interests write the regs and you will get what you paid for.
Remember who you voted for.
80% cash in August seems like a good move but our currency is down almost as much as the market in that timeframe. You should have bought gold. I wish I had.

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
Makes one wonder if we've done ourselves economically "in", in the way the "former" Soviet Union did. George's War might have been the worst US folly, ever.

·
Registered
243 Posts
The horrific blunder of the Iraq war absolutely assures the Democrats the Whitehouse next year. But that's not all good. They will inherit, two wars, a recession, a falling dollar, and huge deficit and a crumbling infrastructure and worn our military. Thanks to the incompetency of the current administration the next occupant of the Whitehouse is going to have a damn tough job.

G

·
fishinfoolz said:
Only history will tell. When historians look back on this era I believe they will do so with praise and accomplishment for this administration.
You keep telling yourself that :roll: :oops:

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
The glass half empty, the sky is falling we are all doomed. A trait of the left. All the same things were said after every war this country has ever been involved in. I have news for you. There are normal average people out there that see nothing but opportunity and a bright future and they will make millions while you doom and gloomers belly ache. You will then call them rich and try to tax their wealth from them. Tup:

·
Registered
15,119 Posts
IBCNUL8R said:
fishinfoolz said:
Only history will tell. When historians look back on this era I believe they will do so with praise and accomplishment for this administration.
I will.. Tup: Look, the reason I say this is because "historians" look past all the ideology, the one-ups-manship, the political posturing and the current trends beit left or right. The left says things like "the world hates us". Historians don't care. They focus their analysis on actual events and occurrences that affect "history" either positive or negative devoid of the left right prism and I think "history will look back favorably on this era... Tup:

·
Registered
15,119 Posts
fishinfoolz said:
IBCNUL8R said:
fishinfoolz said:
I will.. Tup: Look, the reason I say this is because "historians" look past all the ideology, the one-ups-manship, the political posturing and the current trends beit left or right. The left says things like "the world hates us". Historians don't care. They focus their analysis on actual events and occurrences that affect "history" either positive or negative devoid of the left right prism and I think "historians" will look back favorably on this era... Tup:

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
I think you're giving "historians" more credit than they deserve ff.

Who writes the history books? More importantly, who TEACHES the history these days?

Uh-huh... liberals do.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Stevie, good to see you back, I've missed your "doom and gloom" reporting.

Now, how many recessions has this country had? How many different economic models are used world wide and guess what? Economies ebb and flow, there are good times and not so good times. It is a fact of life. I have no doubt that the sky is falling over in Stevie's neighborhood but its ok over here, not great but ok.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts