Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
Absolutely. You try flying around the world and working 18 hour days for months on end and see how many facts YOU mix up. Never had jet lag huh?

Oh wait... you mix up facts all the time without any excuse at all.

I see you've mentioned older age twice in the same day. Hey age bigot.There is a reason youngsters aren't in charge of anything.

Yes, Obama knows who the enemy is. It's apparently white people.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fishslave said:
I see you've mentioned older age twice in the same day. Hey age bigot..
Did I. I must have forgot. Well that's understandabel, I am over 60.

Honestly I think it's really scary having someone that old at our helm. Is that bigotry? Are you okay with soemone who is 95 as president. Where would you draw the line?

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
Honestly I think it's really scary having someone that old at our helm. Is that bigotry? Are you okay with soemone who is 95 as president. Where would you draw the line?
Dementia isn't as prevalent as some believe. I had a Norwegian neighbor lady that was 93 years old and I used to sit and talk to her in the afternoon for HOURS because she was so sharp. She was still physically fit too.

There is a lot to be said for experience and the wisdom that only comes with age.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Don't be too sure there ff. wink:

I could see... hell, I could write and produce a 30 second campaign spot that would drill McCain's gaff indelibly into the minds of the American electorate... and Obama has enough money to buy prime ad time on ALL of the highest rated shows for MONTHS!

Don't think this is squeakin' by anybody's notice. :cool:

The ONE positive thing about the Obama / Wright firestorm happening now... is that voters will be burned out on hearin' about it come fall.
If the Dems don't make too big a fuss about McCain now... which it doesn't appear that they are... they'll be able to exploit it to the fullest come October.

Hell, they got Lieberman on camera as the one correctin' him! :?

I'm just sorry that McCain missed his REAL chance in 2000. He is basically a good guy. BUT... politics is politics and it AIN'T for the faint of heart!

·
Registered
15,118 Posts
I sure hope you're right. I hope he plasters the airways, the TV with ads of this inaccuracy by McCain. Tup:

In light of his (Obamas) disingenuous claim of being above racial politics while he now wallows in the pit, his negative advertisements will only serve as more evidence of him being a typical politician who is willing to do what is necessary for political expediency.. clap:

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
his negative advertisements will only serve as more evidence of him being a typical politician who is willing to do what is necessary for political expediency..
Can you name me ONE... just ONE politician from ANY party who's EVER run for a national office who DOESN'T ff?

Are actually tryin' to say that McCain and the RNC WON'T run any negative ads against Obama? wink:

Fer chrissake... the Republicans were skewerin' EACH OTHER with negative TV ads during the early part of the primary season! :shock:

Ya know what the REAL sad part of it all is... don'tcha? conf:

Negative ads WORK... bottom line! sick:

What does that say about Americans as a whole?

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
What does that say about Americans as a whole?
It says they have the attention span of an ant. How else do you explain reality TV that's so fake yet popular?

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
There is nothing wrong with so called negative ads if they are factual. Factual ads definitely work, particularly the ones like that were run against Gov Huckabee highlighting his record on crime and immigration and there is nothing wrong with that type of ad.

As for McCain's slip of the tongue, big deal. He isn't the first guy to make a gaff like that, Obama made a few himself early on in this campaign. I would be more inclined to wonder about a guy who has sat in a pew for 20 years and at first says he never heard any of Wright's rants, only to spin it another way a couple of days later and then finally throws his own white grandmother under the bus during his speech yesterday.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Are you SURE DB? wink:

Remember... a "slip of the tongue" by McCain to you conservatives is the SAME as Obama's relationship with his Pastor in the eyes of young liberal voters.

it's ALL a matter of perspective.

The reason I think McCain's gaff is much bigger than you guys think... is because he is a STAUNCH supporter of the Iraq war. His "slip of the tongue" makes it appear that he doesn't even know WHO the real players are in the very unpopular war that he supports wholeheartedly.

In fact... he's bettin' his WHOLE campaign on it! :?

Personally... I understand the circumstances behind McCain's misstatement and can objectively analyze the situation. I'll even give him a pass on the whole thing.

How come the rabid dog righties CAN'T do that with Obama and his Pastor though? wink:

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Remember... a "slip of the tongue" by McCain to you conservatives is the SAME as Obama's relationship with his Pastor in the eyes of young liberal voters.
Very true, however, there aren't enough young liberal Dems to get Obama to the White House by themselves, he will still need independents and more conservative Dems also, and this Wright thing has hurt him there.

How come the rabid dog righties CAN'T do that with Obama and his Pastor though?
You know the difference there, pot stirrer. wink:

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
How come the rabid dog righties CAN'T do that with Obama and his Pastor though?
Because Obama and his Reverend KNEW it was going to be a problem and discussed it prior. It was no simple gaff. Manipulating the public that all of a sudden, Obama disagrees is lame and it's not going to work.

Let's review. Obama doesn't know the law regarding civilian conduct during the playing of the National Anthem yet he wants to hold this country's highest office and be our Commander in Chief. His wife has never been proud of America until Obama's campaign got a little support and Reverend Wright damns us so he can continue milking the black community.

That's a whole lot worse than ANY jet lag induced vocal boo-boo.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Many people point to the simple mistake that Gerald Ford made in the 1976 debates about Poland's membership in the Warsaw pact as the reason he lost the election to Jimmy Carter. The eventual margin of victory was 2.1%.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Do we really want a guy who will be 75 years old at the end of his term running our country?
fishslave said:
Absolutely. You try flying around the world and working 18 hour days for months on end and see how many facts YOU mix up.
And lets see.... being in charge of the most powerful nation in the world will require plenty plenty of long distance trips, 18+ hour days, and huge amounts of information, delegation, decisions and responsibilty all at once. This isn't going to be the Senate floor dealing with one issue at a time.

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
I've noticed over the years that most newly elected Presidents turn gray shortly after being briefed by their predecessor on the state of the nation and the responsibilities they now must shoulder.

:|

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Many people point to the simple mistake that Gerald Ford made in the 1976 debates about Poland's membership in the Warsaw pact as the reason he lost the election to Jimmy Carter. The eventual margin of victory was 2.1%./quote]

And that is reason enough right there to make sure it doesn't happen again.

I'm sure that having a lot of people pissed at Ford for pardoning Nixon didn't factor in at all either. wink:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What is too old? Would you be okay with a president who was 95? How about 85? Where do you draw the line. If McCain were to run and win twice he would be about 80 at the end of second term. Is that too old?

This race is beginning to sound like the beginning of a joke . . A a black guy and woman and an old guy walk into a bar. . . .

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
I love the hypocrisy of the left...race is off limits, sex/gender is off limits, religion is off limits but age is not only NOT off limits but a reasonable (in their eyes) excuse to discriminate. More proof of their impotence.......

Lafin'...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts