Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a novice looking to buy a long bow and related gear this weekend. Was thinking about heading down to Cabela's as I assume they have a decent selection and could help me select a proper bow. Looks like they have an indoor range. Is that the best plan or is there somewhere closer to Seattle that I should consider? I don't need the cheapest place. I'm more interested in getting the attention I need to start out with a proper set-up. Thanks for your thoughts.

·
Banned
109 Posts
Their hunting selection is great but if your looking at a certain bow in their catalog they might not have it at the store. They dont carry nearly as much in their store as they do in their catalog. I couldnt exactly tell you much about their archery equip because Im a rifle hunter not a archer.

Jake

·
Registered
437 Posts
A friend who is a bow hunter said they have an excellent archery section, I am not a bow hunter but that is what I heard.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
They do have a lot of archery stuff there and there is also an indoor range. I'm not too sure about how much long bow equip they have though. I was looking at the compound bows when I was there and the gentleman that talked to me seemed like he knew what he was talking about.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses.

I went to Cabela's and it was disappointing. They had little in the way of traditional archery and, even though the store was only fairly busy, the two fellas in the archery department were apparently beseiged and could not help anyone else--they were pleasant as they invited me to come back an hour later, but then were still too busy to help me when I returned. Hopefully they are just working out the kinks with staffing as there were a number of people looking to buy archery stuff or use the range and most ended up just putting their gear down and walking off.

I will try NW Archery.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts