Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm surprised I haven't heard anything from the GOP faithful on this board regarding the counting of votes from the caucus on Saturday. There was righteous indignation up the wazoo for the 2004 Gubernotorial race, yet not one peep about Luke Esser calling the race over with 87% of the votes counted. Pretty unique to see the variable ethos.

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Say What? I fail to see any connection to the 2004 Gubernotorial (sic) race. The real indignation is in Los Angeles where Dean Logan, our own master of electioneering, screwed hundreds of thousands of potential voters out of their ballots. :shock:

Were you trying to spell Guber-Notorious? clown:

·
Registered
421 Posts
I went to the caucus to cast my vote and it is hard to believe the results are accurate. They were counting votes on a piece of scratch paper and yelling out the results. Seemed kind of 18th century to me. Very disorganized. We should have only a primary where people cast votes like in the general election. The caucus was a joke. Not saying anyone cheated or anything like that....................just that it was very disorganized with an outdated process.

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
I went to the caucus to cast my vote and it is hard to believe the results are accurate. They were counting votes on a piece of scratch paper and yelling out the results. Seemed kind of 18th century to me. Very disorganized. We should have only a primary where people cast votes like in the general election. The caucus was a joke. Not saying anyone cheated or anything like that....................just that it was very disorganized with an outdated process

I agree with you VIP, seems very strange that America is still doing this in the modern age.

I am all for one man one vote and that way everybody gets to see the result.

What is also strange to me is how folk gather in a corner then they are all counted. The smallest group then drops out and the folk are then allowed to move to a corner for another candidate. Hell the guy who won the first vote could end up losing the vote if all the others gang up on him. Not my idea of democracy. Both parties use this method, my question is WHY. If they used the same system in another country you would soon be up in arms and saying it is undemocratic.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The only direct comparison would be f Sec. of State Sam Reed declared one or the other the winner without counting all the votes. The election in 2004 was probably the best vetted election in history, I know the Rossi supporters still feel the election was stolen, but remember how thoroughly this election was looked at.

In this case, it certainly appears that Luke Esser (State GOP chair) just decided to call it for McCain before all the votes were counted. There appears to be other irregularities as well. My point is that while the GOP members or supporters on this board were apoplectic over the 2004 election, they didn't make a mention of the caucus count. I just found that interesting.

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
If I had a big spoon I would give it you Eddie. Because like me you are a stirrer. :lol:

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
lol eddie is truly about as detached as yourself Sir John. Lotta miles and sensory devices away from the realities.

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
In Reality, they only projected the winner but continued counting to find the actual results.

They still have some more counting before they declare the final result.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bonzo said:
In Reality, they only projected the winner but continued counting to find the actual results.

They still have some more counting before they declare the final result.
Bonzo, nice spin but not quite reality. Luke Esser called the election on Saturday night, only when the networks, Huckabee, and others protested, did they resume the count. BTW - it looks as though there will be no change from the Saturday call, it was just quite unusual.

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Now there you go again... Giving us the spin-cycle version of the story.

Here is the official version from the Washington State Republican Party Chairman.

Luke Esser said:
It has been suggested that we intentionally “stopped" counting delegates on Saturday night before all the results were reported. Frankly, I was thrilled that we could provide the level of results that we did on the day of the caucuses. We provided our last updated numbers on Caucus Night at about 10:15 p.m., and explained to the media that we are a volunteer organization, and that our volunteers do need to get some sleep, and most of them want to be fresh and alert for Sunday church services. Nonetheless, some have spun the situation to suggest that we stopped counting because we had an intent to favor a particular candidate, which is baseless and untrue.
So I guess you are half right even though you are totally left. :lol:

·
Banned
1,674 Posts
Washington State Chief Knuckle Dragger Esser:

It has been suggested that we intentionally “stopped" counting delegates on Saturday night before all the results were reported. Frankly, I was thrilled that we could provide the level of results that we did on the day of the caucuses. We provided our last updated numbers on Caucus Night at about 10:15 p.m., and explained to the media that we are a volunteer organization, and that our volunteers do need to get some sleep, and most of them want to be fresh and alert for Sunday church services. Nonetheless, some have spun the situation to suggest that we stopped counting because we had an intent to favor a particular candidate, which is baseless and untrue.

Talk about spin.................. :D

They're Republicans, and therefore inept.

They can't even run a caucus, how can they expect to run a government ?

I really liked the bit about church services, talk about bs.......as if a Republican can't go to bed at 11 or 12, and get up by 8 or 9 for Church. Typical nonsense from the knuckle draggers..........again.
And they wonder why their numbers shrink every year. Wonder who he was hoping to convince, besides himself ?

Being a capable Democrat, I seem to have no problem doing just that all the time.
I guess I should have attended the Republican caucus instead, they obviously needed competant, capable help worse than I figured. wink:

·
Banned
1,674 Posts
:D

Down ticket Dems will benefit greatly from an engaged, energized electorate...........
Republicans will have to go to bed early and get their rest........... wink:

They might as well take a 8 year nap. Tup:

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
4 years tops. The Dems in Congress aren't too well thought of. Or did you need someone to post the latest polls for you?

Obama isn't going to be your savior. Keep trying! :lol:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts