1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
101,632 Posts
I cant wait to see you out there drillin away!!! :eek:

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
I've fished on 2" of ice. Kind of scary when you drill the hole and as you sit there the water seeps up around you because of the dimple you create on the ice surface. One of those young and dumb things....

Let me know when you reach 4".... I'm there.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Who caught that behemoth of a Muskie? It almost looks too long to be a Lake Tapps Muskie.

Trapper was that you with that "Y" hole steelie? If so I did not recognize you.

Hook, with all the wet spots in unusual places in your pictures, I would drill a test hole every ten feet out.
That piece you are holding looks four inches thick though. That rope idea is one very smart one too.
Carry some 4-6" nails in your pocket too, if you don't already.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Judging from the things you've been smoking up and eating... and your gut the last time I saw you, you might want to wait for "Ice Road Trucker" type buildup....

In all seriousness, bundle up. Wind has a nasty way of getting stronger over flat ice. And do take a walking stick with you to probe the ice before stepping. Definitely don't want Soaked Cracker.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
madcapmag said:
Snip...

In all seriousness, bundle up. Wind has a nasty way of getting stronger over flat ice. And do take a walking stick with you to probe the ice before stepping. Definitely don't want Soaked Cracker.
Yup, there’s nothing worse than a soggy cracker.

·
Registered
5,056 Posts
Hey Hook,

Take some pics when you slide your little ice fishing hut out onto Tapps.

Has the lake been clearer in the summer with less glacial water from the White River flowing thru there the past few seasons? If so, has the fishing improved as a result of clearer water? If it has, you can thank me later.

Sg

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
Just drag your little aluminum boat out there with ya, and sit in it next to the ice hole. That way if you break through, you're in the boat high and dry!

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
Steve Ericsson said:
Just drag your little aluminum boat out there with ya, and sit in it next to the ice hole. That way if you break through, you're in the boat high and dry!
Steve, you've got a logical solution for just-about everything... don't you.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I've been seeing kids two different times from my deck trying to ram through the ice in canoes the last couple days. For as dumb as that is I was thinking I'd get a chance to catch a 100lb. 13 year old, but they've been lucky so far.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts