Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as some of you read a couple weeks back, i'm buying my first house. The house hasn't been lived in for a year or so though. The seller, when he moved out, left a bunch of stuff in there, some of it worth some money. The items are as follows.

1. 5 aluminum 16 x 8 inch wheels with 32" mud tires on them. (lug pattern fits my '67 Scout 800)
2. Craftsman radial arm saw (i think the retail on this thing is over $500)
3. bunch of flood lights and misc tools
4. bunch of misc paint
5. 2 finely crafted work benches
6. a pretty nice bench grinder and sander
7. a bunch of golf bags and clubs

and last but not least...

8. half a dozen fishing poles!!!

Some of the fishing poles look old but in pretty good shape. There's 3 fly rods, a bait caster and 2 spinning rods. I don't know what these things would be worth (especially the fly rods) but a couple of them look vintage. I'll post some pics when we close as they will be mine.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what i said! All that in exchange for the sellers not having to clean the place out before closing. That's all that's there! lol

Couple of things i forgot about too are a boat trailer and a wheel barrel. 2 more things i don't have!

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
All good stuff but the paint you will have to pay to get rid of latex has a shelf life of about a year. Watch out for the radial arm saw make sure you push the blade into the wood not pull it out through the wood a lot of folks have been hurt with them.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
I have been told, but don’t know for sure, that most paints are safe to dispose of in the garbage can if they have been left open for a long time (think months) and are all dried out.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well i'll def use the saw, wheels, lights, trailor, wheel barrel and poles. Paint, no. So for the most part, yes! Tup:

Major, i'm gonna have to do some research on that. Thanks for the tip. Most of the colors are gross yellows and greens... but they're newer paints. sick:

SeaRanger, that's funny and would actually be true in Tacoma, lol.

·
Registered
705 Posts
very nice,

a while back my dad bought a house to rent out and the previous owner left boxes of old winchester ammo from the 1930's. too bad they werent vintage fishing gear.

·
Registered
30 Posts
we at work went through like some 60 gallons of paint that was sitting around since the 90's, we set up a fan openend the paint and let them dry. just had to stir em a little. but when they were dry we through them in the dumpster.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Often times a phone call to your local high school or community theatre will make that paint dissapear. Paint is always in demand for painting stage sets and most always greately appreciated, and maybe even tax deductible.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
The house we bought had a bunch of paint left behind. 5 to 10 gallons of white and light tan colors. The inside of the garage was never painted and had stains with a few small holes, ect. So I patched the holes then dumped all the paint in one big bucket, stirred and mixed. The garage turned out awesome. I see garages everywhere that are not painted on the inside, just dry walled, taped and mudded.

Nice score on everything else.

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
IHC Represent! nice rig choice. Im on my third Binder right now, a '69 1200 4x4 392 that tows my boat like few gas powered vehicles could. Had a '73 scout before that.

·
Registered
475 Posts
fishing bear said:
Watch out for the radial arm saw make sure you push the blade into the wood not pull it out through the wood a lot of folks have been hurt with them.
I don't want to highjack this thread, but I gotta call you on this FB... you 've got it backwards. You always pull the blade through the wood when you are cross cutting ot mitre cutting with a radial arm saw.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
On the paint you might give you;r county a call.Snohomish county has a free chemical waste depositry and they take paint.Its free just have to take the cans in.We recently disposed of about 20 cans there.Some people actually go there to get the paint for small jobs.Its worth a call to you;r county to see if they offer the service.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Slowleak said:
powder said:
Climb cutting vs conventional cutting.
Exactly... since your saw is a Craftsman, in the interest of safety, you may want to check this site to see if it is subject to recall. http://www.radialarmsawrecall.com/
Thanks for the link. I'll find out what model it is and check it out.

I'm a machinist too so i try to be as safe with that stuff as possible. I've had my share of close calls and near misses.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Cowlitzfisherman said:
It may pay to do a little more homework
RCW 63.29.170
Report of abandoned property.
It's not abandoned. It's in the buyer/seller agreement. In exchange for me getting rid of the garbage on the property (there's not much) i keep everything i listed that i wanted. All that stuff was listed.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts