Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Administrator
13,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It really ticks me off when establishments disregard the tip amount I write in and insert their own 20% tip! sick:

I took Avis out for dinner last night to the Thian Thai in Bonney Lake, the dinner was good and the service was ok. I left a $4 tip for a $35 dinner, I wrote that amount on my Sales draft. I checked my account online this morning and the restaurant took the liberty of changing my tip amount to $7.09 (20%).

What do you do... It's not worth the hassle to go back and complain. I guess they just won't get my business again. :(

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
Thta is a sad thing Doc, I had that happen at Tampico's once, and I threw a conipshit, I went back there and demanded to talk to the manager and he apologized and gave us three free dinners, I didn't do it for the dinners, that is my favorite mexican food place and we go there all the time, so not going back wasn't an option for us, my wife would kill me :lol: she loves there Margarita's more than I do Tup:

·
Administrator
13,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GURU said:
Thta is a sad thing Doc, I had that happen at Tampico's once, and I threw a conipshit, I went back there and demanded to talk to the manager and he apologized and gave us three free dinners, I didn't do it for the dinners, that is my favorite mexican food place and we go there all the time, so not going back wasn't an option for us, my wife would kill me :lol: she loves there Margarita's more than I do Tup:

I would inspect my food carefully the next time I ate there.
wink:

It really bugs my that they can do this, its theft. If you steal from them you go to jail! :geek:

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
How can they legally do that without telling you ahead of time? I have seen the bill say "20% gratuity included" but I have never been charged a tip without being told ahead of time?

·
Super Moderator
6,601 Posts
I would take your receipt back and complain. Adjusting the tip is just plain dishonest.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I wouldn't waste time going back and complaining. Take it one step further and turn them into the better business bureau.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
ouch. makes me want to start reviewing my stuff more often. It could just be the waiter/waitress that you had however, trying to pull a quick one. Maybe you should call the manager as if he/she does it once, they probably do it a lot!

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
They do not take the 20% its weird but this is how it works. The draft reserves 20% electronically and then it is corrected when they get the actual signed reciept. There was a newspaper artical about it last year.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
GillRaker said:
I wouldn't waste time going back and complaining. Take it one step further and turn them into the better business bureau.
How is that one step further? They may not even be a member of the BBB.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I've had it happen a couple times. I just let them deal with my wife and "WALLAH!", problem solved. :lol:

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
The way I see it Doc, you have three choices. 1) Continue to eat there but pay cash 2) Don't eat there anymore or 3) go back and talk to the management. The manager might not know this is even going on as it could be a dishonest employee. I guess there is actually 4 options, you can also do nothing about it. :)

·
Super Moderator
6,601 Posts
They could have a dishonest employee and not know about it. They will know if you stop by and let them know about the problem.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
There are actually quite a few establishments doing this now. They are probably just one of them.

·
Registered
17,616 Posts
Dont panic Bruce....

I presume you used a CC to pay it. It is not uncommon for them to show an inflated amount the following day (something about protecting themselves from you going over allowable limits.)

Before you go crazy and make yourself look like a grouchy old man .... give it a couple of days and then check your statement.

DONT ask me how I know about this :oops:

·
Registered
421 Posts
You should call them and complain that they changed your tip amount but Geez $4 bucks on $35 is a bit light. That's barely 11%.
20% is the standard amount nowadays for a good dining experience. 15% minimum for a decent time.

After all, wait folks need to make a living as well.

·
Administrator
13,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
viperman said:
You should call them and complain that they changed your tip amount but Geez $4 bucks on $35 is a bit light. That's barely 11%.
20% is the standard amount nowadays for a good dining experience. 15% minimum for a decent time.

After all, wait folks need to make a living as well.
Sorry but my tips are base in direct correlation with the service I receive. Maybe if I drove a viper, I'd give everyone 20% regardless of the service I get. wink:

·
Administrator
13,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey Viperman, webmasters need to make a living too! I noticed that your not a contributing member. LMAO. wink:

·
Registered
421 Posts
You got me there! :? Should be getting a donation through Paypay any moment!

Thanks for a great site. It's tons of fun. Tup:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts