Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Yep, its tough when all of our talent keeps leaving and going to the NBA in the first round. If only they could stay longer. When was the last time the Cougs had an NBA pick, any round? Im not starting anything here, im just curious. Anyone know? The Cougs should be able to get players in the NBA in the next few years.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Heck, after what I've been reading about UW in the paper, I get out of there as soon as humanly possible too! ;) The Cougs not having NBA talent, or less recruiting classes than UW in football is what makes it so much fun! We do more with less!

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Actually the cougs historically do less with less.. A look at the results from the last 100 years or so proves that without a doubt.. However,

The cougs are in the midst of the greatest run in the history of their school. There has never been a better time to be a coug fan than right now, especially while the major men's programs at the UW are in a bit of a slump. Enjoy it while you can!!

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
dmack said:
Actually the cougs historically do less with less.. A look at the results from the last 100 years or so proves that without a doubt.. However,

The cougs are in the midst of the greatest run in the history of their school. There has never been a better time to be a coug fan than right now, especially while the major men's programs at the UW are in a bit of a slump. Enjoy it while you can!!
I swear, EVERYONE who likes UW musta been a history major! Its funny, when those articles came out in the times, the big cry from UW folks, was ancient history, old news that didn't need to be brought back up. But when it comes to the fact they currently suck in all current mens sports, all they want to do is talk history!

BTW, Its ALWAYS a good time to be a Coug Fan! Thats another difference between us and them. Were just as loyal when we're losing as winning. Tup:

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
The coug fans are the most frontrunning fans in the world. Well except for M's fans.. Average 3000 fans a game for the last 20 years, but the last 2 years 8,000 wave ridin fans can make it over the hills and through the woods to pullman for a hoop game... Oh, and the cougs had a player Mark Hendrickson the Mount Vernon phenom drafted in 1996..No NBA players since he left the NBA to play baseball in 2001.. I think there is a spot for Kyle Weaver in the NBA somewhere.. Tup:

·
Registered
617 Posts
How many Dawg fans would travel 570 miles to watch the Huskies. Get real, and talk some basketball....NBA, attendance, how about the underachieving Mutts. Beavs end it today! We won't have to listen to the Husky whine, "NIT snubbed or this year CBI snub. Go Cougs!

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
It's just as far to pullman now as it was 5 years ago when the average attendence was 2,292 in 2001-02, and 2,310 in 2002-03..Why the big increase now if not for the fact that they are winning..I know, just devoted loyal fans, fighting through 3 dollar a gallon gas and crappy pass conditions all year to support their program..Quadrupling attendence has nothing to do with the fact their winning ?? What can the Beavs end today besides their own losing streak ? The Dawgs only hope of postseason play will be winning the Pac-10 tornament, just like the cougs. cougs will be lucky to finish the conference 9-9.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
So far none of you Cougs have an answer to my question as far as when was the last Coug drafted in the NBA? Has it been that long or does it take that much research. Come on guys, help me out.

·
Registered
565 Posts
thecougdad said:
Cougs win...Quack, Quack Quaaaaa....crap GO COUGS!
Nice Coug win over Oregon, 20-5 with 5 games to go. Cougs go 3-2, they should be a 4-5 seed in the dance.

Here's to # 7 aginst the mutts in Pullman next month! clap:

GO COUGS!!!

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
cougs beat the beavers 70-57 win by 13, Huskies beat the beavers 97-59 win by 38 (They also beat UCLA, how did the cougs do at home against UCLA), so it depends on which Huskies show up, how the game will go...

·
Registered
617 Posts
RiverFishin said:
cougs beat the beavers 70-57 win by 13, Huskies beat the beavers 97-59 win by 38 (They also beat UCLA, how did the cougs do at home against UCLA), so it depends on which Huskies show up, how the game will go...
The only numbers that count....20-5, 8-5 GO COUGS
Almost forgot 56-52...... clap:

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Inconsistent play is a sign of poor coaching.... maybe its time for Romar to go! ;)

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
If not SJ, should he go? He must have talent with all those great recruiting classes, and they knocked off UCLA and all. Its a coaches job to get his players ready to play, and it appears he does that only occasionally. No tournament, no job?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts