Game Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Administrator
13,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out this picture of a steelhead with 3 different baits in its mouth! :shock:

Photo removed

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
That's why they are so easy to catch, eating all the time like that :D

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
me and aunt m caught the same steelhead last year on the cowlitz. at the same time i set the hook she set the hook and i thought she had tangled into my line when i hooked the fish, but when we got it in the boat it had both our baits in its mouth.i guess he was destined to be on the bbq that night Tup:

·
Registered
12,397 Posts
And the do gooders say that fish feel pain :lol: :lol: :lol:

That must have been one hell of a sadistic fish :lol:

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
gee gads, all 3 baits from the same boat at once?!

one very hungry, aggressive steelie, looks chrome too!

·
Registered
520 Posts
all three lines were hooked up to that fish at the same time. it was posted on another BB a few yrs ago.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I took that photo. 3 baits, one "over achieving" summer steelhead.

We had a beginner on board, so I was trying not to hook fish in front of him.

I hooked it first. Fish picked my bait up but instantly slacked me up - I was just HOPING the the fish let go of my bait instead of slack lining me and running at the boat. So, I did nothing - hoping my newbie buddy would hook up. At the same time, it picked up the top bait (the newbie) and instantly slacked him up as well. I was just standing there watching/laughing at my buddy and before either of us could reel up to pick up the slack lined fish, it picked up the 3rd and last bait. This time, all 3 rods started to throb and all 3 off us set the hook at the same time.

Poor fish nearly flew out of the water. Needless to say, the fight wasn't that impressive on this fish. Poor thing didn't know which way to go.

Was very cool to see a fish pick up 3 baits. Just goes to show how aggressive a summer run can be.

PS. It *IS* a copyright violation to be using that photo without my permission. Next time, please just email me and ask to use my photos.

·
Registered
260 Posts
parker said:
I
PS. It *IS* a copyright violation to be using that photo without my permission. Next time, please just email me and ask to use my photos.
:roll: :roll: :eek: :eek: clown: clown: :?:

·
Administrator
13,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well well...

That picture was emailed to me and I found it interesting, I would not even have known who to ask for permission. If it is actually copyrighted, which I doubt, then please accept my apology for concerning you enough to create an account here and make issue of it. :roll:

·
Registered
500 Posts
Step 1:
Learn the limitations of copyrights under United States law. A copyright on digital photos prevents the distribution or sale of the photo without the permission of the owner. A copyright-protected photo can be used as part of a school project or a non-profit educational campaign under fair use rules.

Step 2:
Gain an appreciation for the legal rights of copyright holders. Your digital photos can be displayed, adapted or reproduced as you wish as long as their use does not infringe the rights of others. Photographers can also transfer their digital photo rights upon death or assign the copyright with the force of law on their side.

Step 3:
Gather the appropriate forms for your copyright application. The U.S. Copyright Office requires the use of Form VA for digital photos and other visual arts projects (see Resources below).

Step 4:
Submit the correct number of digital photo samples to the U.S. Copyright Office to complete your application. An unpublished photo or a published photo in a collection requires one sample. A single published photo requires two copies of the latest version of the photo.

Step 5:
Ask business associates, colleagues, and friends to review your application before submitting it for consideration. The application features a small number of questions but the application fees can add up from frequent submissions. Editorial review can help clear up small clerical errors and ensure a smooth process on the agency's end.

Holy moly too many steps for me to copyright a photo.. Not a bad Idea though!

·
Administrator
13,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
FastAction said:
Step 1:
Learn the limitations of copyrights under United States law. A copyright on digital photos prevents the distribution or sale of the photo without the permission of the owner. A copyright-protected photo can be used as part of a school project or a non-profit educational campaign under fair use rules.

Step 2:
Gain an appreciation for the legal rights of copyright holders. Your digital photos can be displayed, adapted or reproduced as you wish as long as their use does not infringe the rights of others. Photographers can also transfer their digital photo rights upon death or assign the copyright with the force of law on their side.

Step 3:
Gather the appropriate forms for your copyright application. The U.S. Copyright Office requires the use of Form VA for digital photos and other visual arts projects (see Resources below).

Step 4:
Submit the correct number of digital photo samples to the U.S. Copyright Office to complete your application. An unpublished photo or a published photo in a collection requires one sample. A single published photo requires two copies of the latest version of the photo.

Step 5:
Ask business associates, colleagues, and friends to review your application before submitting it for consideration. The application features a small number of questions but the application fees can add up from frequent submissions. Editorial review can help clear up small clerical errors and ensure a smooth process on the agency's end.

Holy moly too many steps for me to copyright a photo.. Not a bad Idea though!
Why would anyone go though that process to copyright a photo like that??

None the less, it was apparently his picture and he's proud of it. I shouldn't have posted it.. I guess it just goes to show how many people actually enjoy reading this site. Tup:

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Dr Hook said:
Well well...

That picture was emailed to me and I found it interesting, I would not even have known who to ask for permission. If it is actually copyrighted, which I doubt, then please accept my apology for concerning you enough to create an account here and make issue of it. :roll:
Its not your fault Doc. The person that sent it to you had to know it might get posted. My advice is if you don't want your photo shown then don't send it to anybody. Give me break. :roll: Take your photo and go.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Tiderunner said:
Dr Hook said:
Well well...

Its not your fault Doc. The person that sent it to you had to know it might get posted. My advice is if you don't want your photo shown then don't send it to anybody. Give me break. :roll: Take your photo and go.
WHAT are you doing on the site I thought that somebody was so sick conf: :oops: that they had to stay home today ;) Must be feeling better huh maybe you should come into work for a few hours Tup: LOL

·
Banned
6 Posts
Tiderunner said:
Dr Hook said:
Well well...

I recognize that image from a thread on - a few years ago.. and from the photo owners response I would guess that he was not the one that sent it, appearently people have been in pp's archives looking for interesting material lately and it does not seem unreasonable for him to ask to be contacted if you want to use his images.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.