Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the oppertunity to get a pirahnamax 215 portable. have any of you guys used these or heard of them? i want a fishfinder that can go from my drift boat to my saltwater boat, i like the suctioncup transducer, and that it takes AA batteries.

also if i bought the non-portable one how hard is it to mount and get to work if all you have is a 12v or 24vdual battery?

·
Registered
85 Posts
You can get a suction cup transducer kit for the fixed mount unit. It is very easy to wire, and will run on a 12v battery. You probably don't want to use the same battery you have a trolling motor hooked up to. In a DB without a trolling motor you could use a motor cycle or lawn tractor battery, to save room.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I had this exact one before i decided on a hard mount fish finder.There were a few complaints i had with the system.The suction cup would never stay on and would keep falling off any speed over trolling.When it came off the cord would get really close to the prop and the suction cup was a pain to get back down in the water and set rite after coming off.I finally made a clamp bracket for it but that only worked for a while.Second is battery life i could only get a day or so of heavy use out of it before it died out.Personally i would look for something else..Great for ice fishing though where you can just let the cord and transducer down..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts