Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Holy S***. Wow. That guy had some supreme confidence in his rod, line, and reel! Larry Dahlberg catches some big cats too but he's got his tyrnos and torium reels backing him up.

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
That fish is known as a "Wells" catfish from europe, they are getting pretty rare evidently. At first I thought it was a flathead until i saw the tail

·
Registered
94 Posts
Thats not bad. I've seen bigger Blue cats come out of Lake Texoma in Northern Texas while I was fishing for Stripers over the last couple years. Still one hell of a fight and great video. Anyone ever seen a Mekong River Cat? 646 pound freshwater world record. Look it up... you'll be amazed. The White Possum

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Yup much bigger than the one I posted. It said that it was the biggest one caught on rod and line, maybe they should have added 'and released safely.'

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
I want to catch some big catfish like that, hell ya :eek: , I thought the first guy was going to get pulled in :shock:

·
Registered
94 Posts
I believe that the fish being released by Larry Dahlburg on You-tube is one from Lake Texoma. I have seen other pictures of him at the local catfish diners around the lake. I do believe he still holds the record for largest on hook and line as you pointed out. I just thought you might want to see the other one to believe it. How would you like to go noodling for one of those?...... You may just end up as its lunch. One of the largest Blue Catfish caught in Lake Texoma was kept alive by biologists in a tank somewhere in Texas for several years before it died of an infection in its jaw. Simply amazing... The White Possum

·
Registered
94 Posts
Sorry guys Larry has been outdone a few times over since the last couple years. It seems that the Texas Blue Cat record is somewhere around 140 plus pounds and about six feet long. I know we all seen the picture of the two guys standing knee deep in the water holding a massive cat..... it circulated the net starting around 2004.. That is supposedly a 186lb monster from somewhere in Itally. Biologists say that the largest specimens caught in the U.S.A. have been at or just over the 150lb range but dam maintenance divers across the states have reported catfish the size of Volkswagon cars that could easily eat a human are being found at the bottom of the dams in surprising numbers. Makes me hungry for some deep fried catfish and a bunch of Crawfish. Just my two cents worth. Big is real big in Texas. The White Possum

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Looks like fun! That thing is nasty looking! looks like a imbred chum/eel/catfish!

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Well if any of you get over this way just try fishing the Rhine and Seine or really big catfish.

Nothing that big in Britain, our guys go to these two rivers to catch the big uns.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I can't find info on the Mongolian salmon they mention in that article of the 646 talking about other contenders for largest fresh water fish. Anyone know?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Thats one bis ass Salmon!!!!!! At $5300 per angler to get the opportunity to catch a six foot long 220 pound Salmon in fresh water. Honestly that seems fair, when you consider that it costs more than half of that to go fishing in Alaska for a couple days. If your lucky you might get one over sixty pounds but even those are getting fewer and fewer every year I go up north. Wow, 220 pounds.... on a fly.... impressive. The White Possum

1 - 19 of 19 Posts