Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Thanks for sharing! Seems like everyone is doing the "Twitch" these days!!! Bank fishermen, Boat fishermen!!! Chinook, Coho and Chums!!! Now if I just twitch up a Steelhead, I'd be a happy camper!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks, great video. I'm anxious to get out and try again. Tried it last fall & with some beginner's luck did manage to catch one but not having confidence in knowing what I was doing went back to warts, bait, etc.

·
Premium Member
8,223 Posts
Great video! So many species of fish love a twitched presentation - salmon, Steelhead, bass; so many environments in which to catch - salt, river, lake. If you twitch for them they will come…

·
Registered
482 Posts
I see he is "twitching" the rod tip about a 3 foot distance with the 7 foot rod. Would it be better if you get a longer rod balanced just right so that the "twitch" is still 3 feet but the actual rod movement is less?

·
Registered
920 Posts
I personally use an 8'6" or smaller rod that's fairly heavy and a fast action is neccessary. I never twitch that high. It'd normally a 6"-1' lift with dropping your rod tip as fast as you can.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
I personally use an 8'6" or smaller rod that's fairly heavy and a fast action is neccessary. I never twitch that high. It'd normally a 6"-1' lift with dropping your rod tip as fast as you can.
Eswan I believe you should be the next to make a "twitching jigs" video.
Lest you wouldn't look like a stork operating the reel. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts