Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The plastic windows panels in my drop curtains are starting to get a hazing to them. sick:
Dose anyone have a way to clean them to bring back the clearness in the window panels?

Mike

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
You may be surprised on this one... the haze/fog you're seeing may be moisture.

The plastic windows seem to absorb moisture. The moisutre will not wipe off, but will evaporate if left to dry in the sun or a warm room. The best thing to do is install them on the boat, and park the boat in the sun for a few hours.

If they do need cleaning, the best product to use is Mequires Spray wax. Cleans and protects. Make sure to use a very clean terry-cloth without fabric softener in it. The fabric softener will fog the plastic.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
There is also a product out from Mermaid that is designed to clean plastic windows and curtains. Works well for me.

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
David said:
There is also a product out from Mermaid that is designed to clean plastic windows and curtains. Works well for me.
That's the stuff I use and it works well. Also, never use paper towels, they are suprisingly abrasive and can scratch the vinyl.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Use 303 protectant, have used this for years, the uv protectant in 303 keeps the plastic soft and slick and will keep the plastic from getting brittle and crack, also cleans crystal clear.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went and bought the Mer-maid, will post here when I use it

Mike

·
Registered
6,712 Posts
use a clean cloth with the products mentioned and only vertical strokes,,,,not circles or horizontal strokes

and wash any dirt/abrasives off with a hose and soapy sponge beforehand

·
Registered
50 Posts
i have used lemon pledge on my curtains with great success Tup: spray it on and buff with soft towel. i take my curtains off and lay them on a blanket on the floor. you can clean them easier. 8 years old and still look new clap:

·
Registered
936 Posts
I meant HAZE not fog oops. The pledge wax can actually cause your windows to become white, not fog. This is my experience.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts