Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got 60 , and slinkies and respooled ,Shrimp cured , And of course eggs from chums , How many do you tie while waiting till you can fish again ?Just curious how prepared you all get ?

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I always start with this amazing dream of having infinite pretieds so i can get to the river and just fish forever without wasting so much time. Then someone busts out the catn and 15 minutes later i loose all track of what i was doing, and end up sleeping on my fishing gear! Then on the river when im re-tieing im like DAMNIT, wish i would have just tied up some leaders!

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
At the time I have about 500 singles and 100 doubles. Not enough considering we blow thru around a hundred a day some days when were fishin them woody little rivers like the Nooch. :cry: If you want and your bored you can tie me some.

·
Registered
7,885 Posts
I'm tying leaders tonight, and have been for about a week...usually by the start of February I like to have about 150 leaders, plus another 250 or 300 worms strung up...I got a bit of a late start this year, though, and I'm at about 100 leaders and 200 worms right now...I hope to finish off the other 50 or so leaders before 10pm tonight, and then tie up the remaining 50 leaders for worms, which I'll get strung up tomorrow and next weekend...I'll be fishing Tues-Fri :)

Fish on...

Todd

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
Todd said:
I'm tying leaders tonight, and have been for about a week...usually by the start of February I like to have about 150 leaders, plus another 250 or 300 worms strung up...I got a bit of a late start this year, though, and I'm at about 100 leaders and 200 worms right now...I hope to finish off the other 50 or so leaders before 10pm tonight, and then tie up the remaining 50 leaders for worms, which I'll get strung up tomorrow and next weekend...I'll be fishing Tues-Fri :)

Fish on...

Todd
NIGHT CRAWLERS! That's why your tying leaders at night. Tup:

·
Registered
434 Posts
If I had a pretied for everytime i said i was going to make a pretied.... got dang! Someday.... i'll do it,

Hard work often pays off in the long run, but procrastination ALWAYS pays off now!

·
Registered
7,885 Posts
"NIGHT CRAWLERS! That's why your tying leaders at night."

Shhhh...that's my secret lure yer talkin' 'bout there!

Fish on...

Todd

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
YellowFever said:
If I had a pretied for everytime i said i was going to make a pretied.... got dang! Someday.... i'll do it,

Hard work often pays off in the long run, but procrastination ALWAYS pays off now!
YOUR ALWAYS THE ONE WHO BUSTS OUT THE CAT'N!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I tied 18 rolls of doubles with 26 to a roll and I am down to eight. Hopefully will make another 2 months. We were going through 1-2 a day on the cowlits earlier.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
I have about 10 maybe 20. I was thinking I should do it tonight since I was I want to fish tomorrow and the size and colors I need I don't have. I only need about five - ten because I would fish before work and there haven't been that many snags.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I’ve got about a dozen Octopus hooks with bait loops, about a dozen drift rigs, and a ton of jigs with leaders already tied.

Jig'n

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
i pretie the night before a trip. Normally between 15-25. If I do use them all I save them for the next trip. If I run out, well it only happened once, and that was becuz my bonehead friend left them at my house...

would be smart to tie a couple hundred and not have to worry

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
cmessling07 said:
i pretie the night before a trip. Normally between 15-25. If I do use them all I save them for the next trip. If I run out, well it only happened once, and that was becuz my bonehead friend left them at my house...

would be smart to tie a couple hundred and not have to worry
I think I know the time you left them at home !

·
Premium Member
101,632 Posts
I got about 25 or so tied up for salmon in the salt .... I need to get to tying a bunch more .... I should have a few hundred by the time I need them ...... I also gota tie up 30 or so rigs tonight and tommorow for riffe lake for a customer whos eyes are to bad to tie them himself now ... Tup:

·
Registered
7,885 Posts
MYSTICAL LEGENDS said:
At the time I have about 500 singles and 100 doubles. Not enough considering we blow thru around a hundred a day some days when were fishin them woody little rivers like the Nooch. :cry: If you want and your bored you can tie me some.
I don't even like having to tie the several hundred I string up for myself each winter...I can't bear the thought of having to do it for everyone who fished with me for the entire winter! 'Course, it might be a little different if I were getting paid :)

I'd have someone tie mine for me if I wasn't so anal about it...enough things go wrong to help you lose fish during the year, the last thing I want to go wrong is someone else's knot! At least I know who to blame it one if one of mine fails :(

Fish on...

Todd

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
About 30 I would guess. Strangely, I actually enjoy tying leaders. :eek: I don't get a chance to fish enough to use to warrant tying more than that at one time. :cry:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts