Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone see how they lost tonight. They are so bad, I just started laughing my ass off when I saw the last second shot go in the hoop. I knew it was coming. Im still laughing. This is getting ridiculous. LMAO.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
agreed. this isnt good for Kevin Durant. There are many players out there either in the D-League or coming back from retirement who could help this team.

When you think about it, the team is a lot better than 9 wins. bad coaching? lack of caring by the team?

if we are going to tank it and keep losing, why is Sene in Idaho(D-League) he should be playing now since hes bound to be the best out of petro and the oft-injured Swift. Gelabale should also be playing some. Trade Wally as he doesnt deserve to play with the worst team in the NBA. He could help a team down the stretch like Utah or Golden State. Trade him for a draft pick or young talent

The 5 year plan is officially in place!

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
I can't wait till they go to Oklahoma.

I'm not a big basketball person, but I am all about sports so i like seein the teams around me do good. Thank God for the Blazers this year.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oklahoma is so far off. They can't even sustain a team there and they knew it. Bennet will sell to one of the local interested owners and they will revamp Key Arena, which would be better anyway.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
This season DOES make it awful tough to be a fan. Tdown:

Durant was carryin' a LOT of hype as the #2 pick. I KNEW he wouldn't be able to live up to the expectations. He's really talented and he will probably become a superstar someday... but he AIN'T one now! Those 5 for 25 shootin' nights and turnin' the ball over every time he tries to put it on the floor is gettin' old FAST!

To be fair though... WAY too much pressure is being put on him to be the team's leading scorer right outta the gate. Kobe had 3 years comin' off of the bench before he hit his stride. MJ wasn't the greatest his rookie season either. Hell even LeBron stunk it up with the Cav's at first.

There ain't much the team can do this year. Wally has a HUGE contract... so nobody's gonna want him. Damien is what he is... a decent utility player... nothing more. Luke doesn't seem to care much anymore... neither does Weezy. Where's DeLonte?

I think PJ is doin' the best he can. The team has just gotten so used to losing... they don't know how to win anymore. Look at the Miami Heat... same thing.

This is all part of Bennet's scheme though. Have a suck-ass season and the fans won't put up a fight over the team leaving.

My plan to turn the team around and maybe win a game or 2.

Get Jeff Green outta the starting lineup. Bring him in to spell Wilcox or Collison and DO NOT let him take ANY outside shots!
Bring Durant off of the bench.
Start Ridnour, Petro, Wally, Collison and Wilcox.
Use Delonte at the 2 guard more, paired with Watson.
Thomas in to spell Petro or when the matchups call for him to start.
Durant to spell Wally... use Damien when tough D is needed instead.
Gelabale in short spurts for energy and defense.

Commit to playing good D. I'm sure PJ is trying to instill some Popovich style... the team just ain't executin'!

And finally... RUN, RUN, RUN! The transition game is the ONLY place where the offense seems to kinda work. The half-court offense SUCKS! Run at every opportunity and pound it inside whenever possible.

Maybe we can finish 22 and 60 that way. Tdown:

·
Registered
946 Posts
They beat the defending champion spur's last night to end ther 14 game losing streak.... Tup: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
162 Posts
They beat the Spurs after they played the night before in Salt Lake City and then traveled to Seattle. They were also missing all star guard Tony Parker.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Uncle Cory said:
They beat the Spurs after they played the night before in Salt Lake City and then traveled to Seattle. They were also missing all star guard Tony Parker.
WELL TAKE IT Tup:

Kevin Durant is a future superstar but like Webo said not yet. He needs to bulk up to about 225(hes in the mid 190s). He can be a very good allaround player including defense with his length.

Am I the only one not upset with the losses and thinking Derrick Rose?!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Uncle Cory said:
Thats not the Sonics fault, this is the NBA, every team plays back to back and they all have injuries, part of the game!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
kingcracker said:
I can't wait till they go to Oklahoma.

I'm not a big basketball person, but I am all about sports so i like seein the teams around me do good. Thank God for the Blazers this year.
So if the Blazers have a couple bad years are you hoping they pack up and leave town?, not much of a sports fan IMHO.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Go Pistons clap: :D :cool: .

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
I'm goin' out on a limb and sayin' that they'll beat the Cavs tonight too... LeBron or not! Tup:

·
Registered
162 Posts
25 more wins and we"ll be back to .500. meanwhile Michael Beasley scored 25 last night in a tune up for when he joins Seattle next year.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Uncle Cory said:
25 more wins and we"ll be back to .500. meanwhile Michael Beasley scored 25 last night in a tune up for when he joins Seattle next year.
Im tellin ya, Derrick Rose Tup: We will have 2 future superstars at the 2 and 3. But Beasley is bound to be a superstar too so I wouldnt mind seeing him either

good win tonight, they almost blew it, and LBJ wasnt playing but a win is a win. especially this season

·
Registered
946 Posts
another win, we will take...was a little nervous there with a couple minutes to go,but they held on to the lead.. Tup:

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
4th quarter was really hairy. When Durant was not in the game the Sonics didn't know where to go for a decent shot. When Durant came back in he was able to score as Clevland didn't have anyone who could guard him. Kurt Thomas is quietly having a pretty good year.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I haven't followed the sonics much the last severl years. But I'm going to the game tonight anyway. Probably taking my oldest son with me. Even with a crappy season like this, it's too hard to pass up free seats (through work) in a suite catered with good food Tup:

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
If you're goin' to the game tonight SS... you might just be the only one there. wink:

They play the Knicks TOMORROW night at 7pm. and I'll be there too. Tup:

Cmessling... I don't get too excited about potential draft picks. As evidenced by Durant... sometimes they pan out right away... sometimes they don't.

Why couldn't we have gotten Chris Paul last year...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts