Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today Im out in the yard doing a little early spring clean-up and I take my dog out with me to get some excercise. He usually sticks pretty close to me, but sometimes he wanders off towards the rear of our 5 acres. Its mostly grass and some scrub Brush back there, and he likes to go back there and rummage thru the brush.

so, off he goes, and a few moments later I hear some squeels.. :D .... I know what that means.. A few seconds later My Beagle jake emerges with his bounty. He parades across the open grass heading back to my hand.

Im such a proud Papa!!

He brings me a bunny every couple months or so, So I think he must have some retriever in his lines somewhere wink: .

Bunny... Its whats for dinner... :cool:

·
Registered
8,507 Posts
Now that is a good dog! Love me some pan fried runnybabbit for breakfast. clap:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I had a collie mix as a kid that used to do that. She'd catch rabbits all the time. Here favorite though was killing possums. She'd hold it till I got there to see what she had, then she'd chomp and snap the spine, look up at me with a doggie 'grin', and head off to find the next victim... She was a little psycho I guess... But she did save me from a water moccasin and we tagged teamed a huge nutria. Ah, the good ole days growing up in the country :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts