Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2001 Honda Civic EX. There is a SRS light on which I looked up and tells me it is something to do with the airbags. I took it to the Honda dealer and asked them and its probably just a sensor but they don't know what one. Anybody have any thoughts where I should look to start changing sensors. My feeling was the Honda dealer wanted to do it so they didn't tell me anythhing.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
You could try calling Greg's Japanese Auto in Federal Way or Puyallup. They seem to be helpful guys.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
CommanderX said:
You could try calling Greg's Japanese Auto in Federal Way or Puyallup. They seem to be helpful guys.
Might try looking them up there web page to, they use to have an online help.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
It might be cheaper in the long run to let the dealership change out the sensor because they have the diagnostic equipment to determine which sensor it is. I am assuming that you don't have diagnostic equipment so you could go awhile before hitting the correct sensor and sensors typically aren't cheap.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
I have a 2001 Accord, same light came on. It was the sensor in the seatbelt. Since they said it was a saftey issue they replaced it for free. That was down in Olympia though. They should be able to diagnose it pretty easily. Hope that helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts