home made pizza options | Gamefishin.com

home made pizza options

Discussion in 'The Outdoor Chef! Great outdoor cooking' started by reelinanrockin, Aug 3, 2008.

1. reelinanrockin

reelinanrockin Active Member

chef boy ar dee crust and sauce... or appian way combo box sauce and crust...both are good
    or use jiffy crust which is also excellent.
    now the best option...go to winco and buy the pre-made french pastry pizza dough pre made for like a buck it is excellent

sauces..like I said earlier chef boy ar dee. or appian way is good.....ragu is good too..same with contandida.
    now homemade sauce recpie....tomate sauce, onion powder, minced garlic, italion seasoning...cook it down and let it simmer in a pot.

meat...safeway Italion sausage is excellent....gallo peperoni is great also

veggies....chopped sweet onion..sliced mushroom..chopped olive..chopped red bell pepper

grated mozzarella cheeze

you need to buy a pizza stone ( clay baking sheet ) and put it in the oven and preheat to 425

make your dough and roll it out in flour so it dont stick on your counter....grease a cookie sheet and put the dough on it...cook the dough in the oven for 3-5 min then take it out of the oven.

put on the sauce then the veggies and the meat....put the cheeze on last so it covers everything
    then put your pizza in the oven directly on the pizza stone (no cookie sheet)
    bake at 425 till the cheeze starts to turn golden brown...15-20 min

remove from oven and slice it up...and serve with your favorite cold beverage

2. bing

bing Active Member

i am going to be making a lot of homemade pizza

the local dive bar tried selling pizza but it never took off,,,so they stopped selling it

Im always talking pizza with the owner,,,so she gave me the $1500 pizza oven that they dont use anymore,,,its one year old,,,i think they sold 10 pizzas in all

clap:

3. reelinanrockin

What a score..you can make excellent grinders and calzone in that puppy too.

4. Steve Ericsson

Steve Ericsson Well-Known Member

I've always been a fan of Boboli pizza, quick and easy!

A real pizza oven? Hmmm, that would really bring up some possibilities!! Tup:

5. bing

bing Active Member

i outfitted it with 2 pizza stones and we tried it out last night,,,,it works great

cooked my pizza bubbling hot, crispy crust in 6 minutes Tup:

6. bing

bing Active Member

getting close,,,still have to tweek the dough and sauce recipe

Attached Files:

7. reelinanrockin

there it is great job ..But like I have said before it is kinda hard to tell from pictures..You will just have to invite me over to your house one day to try it out just to make sure it is as good as it looks... Tup:

8. bing

bing Active Member

for all you north enders,,,you should check out Brooklyn Brothers Pizza on Hewitt Ave across from the skating arena in Everett

9. wannafish

wannafish Well-Known Member

I buy Pillsbury pizza dough in the tube. Then I use my homemade basil pesto, with Fred Meyer shredded cheese, if I have tomatoes I might put those and olives on it. Best when put in the Treager on high, cherry smoke.

10. Duroboat

Duroboat Moderator Staff Member

Bought some today to try out. Tup:

11. wannafish

wannafish Well-Known Member

I had a recipe for it (dough) mixing Monterrey Jack cheese, seasoning, egg, and spinach. Spread it on the dough and roll it up... butter and Parmesan cheese on top and bake. It was really good so that is when I started using the Phillsbury dough.

12. Moodyfisherman

Moodyfisherman Member

I'll take 1-pepperoni and 1-Hawiian.......Oh I just saw (home) use oven...dang it :lol:

13. bing

bing Active Member

:)

14. Iceshark

Iceshark New Member

We second that Tup: We have been going since it opened. We are friends with the owner of the bird store next door. My mother in law comes from same town in New Jersey as one of the owners.

The fly in the cheese, pepperoni and sausage from east coast. Sell whole pie or slice.

I used to love New York style and Chicago style lots. However since my stomach opertion I have went to thin style pizza. They do a special pizza for me. I stay away from lots of dough. Too hard on digestive track. That and lots of cheese.

Either way you want the pizza here is boss!

Next to Comcast Everett Arena.
    Great suggestion Bing.

15. bing

bing Active Member

today it's walla walla, pepperoni and basil