Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
I do great off of the docks out in Cornet Bay. And usally it starts around May -June timeframe. Always fish the incomming tide cause it pushes the nice 6-8 inches or bigger.

·
Registered
251 Posts
My friend and I go out of the south sound using a good depth finder. You will see balls of herring near the bottom and we use herring jigs to catch them. It 's not only fun but you get free bait !! Usually in the spring and summer months.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
if ya live by gig harbor got a bunch of herring from last seining season. if ya want for a few bucks ill give ya it

·
Registered
474 Posts
herring will bite on your typical smelt jig. It is an approximatly 6' long leader with 6-9 hooks on it with some little beads or things that look like feathers but I have heard its not feathers but fish skin of some sort. Pretty much any sporting goods store will carry these jigs. Put a corky on your line and tie the jig on then hook a lead to the bottom of the jig. The corky will keep you from winding the jig down through the eyes on your pole. A light weight trout pole works good. Some places that I have heard of for smelt/herring jigging are the docks at cornet bay, There are some docks in laconner. The pier in everett right next to the scuttlebutt brewery. From what I hear it is hit and miss but thats fishing. 2 years ago at ling fest the docks at cornet bay were on fire with herring. my 2 boys had a blast I could not get the herring in the bucket fast enough to get my own line out. Good luck out there.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Also check the regulations I think there is a limit to the number of hooks you can have.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
love2fish4hawgs said:
how much do ya got fishboy?
when i am seining i have gotten up to 5000lb sets before, thats enough to fill the boat up 4 times. even though we can only take about 1500 pounds in the boat we relese the excess with care

1 - 11 of 11 Posts