Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is another one

Attachments

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
The Doer in the Middle East and Africa doing those dances remind me of our mad King George. :lol:

Now come on you Righties and jump to his defence and say how good he looked. :lol:

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is another one just for you SJ! wink:

Attachments

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
You only saved Europe in WW1, come WW11 you did not enter the fray until Hitler decided to open his mouth and declare war on you.

You seem to have forgot (usual thing for a Rightie if it does not fit his way of thing) that we stopped the invasion even before you got over here.

Just tell me how many American aircraft took part in the Battle of Britain. :lol: Go on please do tell me. :lol:

Please do not aquaint Britain with Europe, I am a Brit and proud of it.

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
Please do not aquaint Britain with Europe, I am a Brit and proud of it.
Did you decide to have your own separate continent or something?

We just love it when you tell us how you didn't need the US. :lol:

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
I bet you do FS.

Britain has always been a seperate set of Islands. Europe is a totally seperate place over the English Channel. We may be in the Euro Zone for trade but we still have our British Pound to spend and whoa betide any politician who wants to change that.

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
Please Sir Silly, tell me how many American pilots flew for the RAF before Hitler made his biggest boo boo. How soon YOU forget. What do you think America built all those Liberty Ships for? Canning Tuna. Come on, bite your lip and admit; you would probably be fluent in Deutsch without our assistance. What part of the expression 'Lend lease' escapes you? Tell me about all the 4 stack destroyers you borrowed from us to keep your life line afloat. We won't even discuss small arms.
What's really amazing is that Adolph didn't declare war on us sooner. It should have been obvious even to a dullard that we were far from neutral. I think he was just trying to impress the Japanese.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
sir john said:
You only saved Europe in WW1, come WW11 you did not enter the fray until Hitler decided to open his mouth and declare war on you.

You seem to have forgot (usual thing for a Rightie if it does not fit his way of thing) that we stopped the invasion even before you got over here.

Just tell me how many American aircraft took part in the Battle of Britain. :lol: Go on please do tell me. :lol:
SJ,

Your country would have been D.O.A. if the United States wouldn't have sent you so much of the necessary supplies and equipment to keep your fight alive--and many brave Merchant Marines lost their lives getting it to you. And BTW, how do you think your country funded your War effort and was able to keep going?---I'll give you a hint, it was only 2 years ago (2006) that you finally made your final loan payment back to America for all the Billions of dollars we lent you at the ridiculously low interest rate of 2% that we were gracious enough to give you. wink:

You selected a few months of 1940 to try and make your point hoping no one would notice, but before the United States officially entered the war 1000's of Americans volunteered for the RAF and the RCAF. clap:

It looks like OB-1's should change his sign to say 'Saving England's arse since 1917'. Tup:

Eagle Squadrons
http://www.fourthfightergroup.com/eagles/es.html

Prior to the United States' entry into WWII many Americans volunteered for service in the RAF and RCAF. The Battle of Britain raged from May though October 1940. Most Americans followed the battle in the news and knew that in time the US would become involved in the war. The stories of the RAF pilots flying their Hurricanes and Spitfires inspired many to look into joining the RAF. As a result of the Battle of Britain the RAF was short on pilots so a call went out for pilots to replace the RAF's depleted ranks. Of the thousands that volunteered, 244 American pilots were to fly for the Eagle Squadrons; Number 71, 121, and 133 Squadrons of the Royal Air Force Fighter Command. It was the RAF's policy to pick Englishmen as squadron and flight commanders and 16 of these British pilots served with the Eagle Squadrons. From the time the first Eagle Squadron was formed in September 1940 until all three squadrons were disbanded and incorporated into the USAAF in September 1942, they destroyed 73 1/2 German planes while 77 American and 5 British members were killed.
Finally...

I am a Brit and proud of it

Isn't that an Oxymoron?
clown:

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
You post one thing Rory I post another. Got mine from a Google Search asking American Pilots Battle of Britain. That is what Jabba asked and I supplied him the info.

You also forget that the "Invasion" was off after that battle.

Of course I am proud to be a Brit same as you being proud you are a America.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just because I posted some funny pictures in the political section doesn't mean we have to engage in a heated political discussion. Just post some other funny sh*t hear and lets laugh at each other!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts