Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dr. Hook said that it would be OK for me to place a job opening on here.

I work for this company, but am not a supervisor for this department. It is considered an entry level position (nothing fancy, doesn't pay enough to make you your first million dollars). We are a very secure business and this is honest work for someone that might be looking right now. I'll take this down right away if the position gets filled. We have also posted this on Craigslist and with the WA State Unenployment Dept; but I wanted to make sure that we had a bit more exposure incase someone here is looking.

If you are interested..... Contact "Dave" directly and mention that "Keith" posted this on the web. Send your resume and contact info to Dave at: [email protected]

Thank you and have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Route Delivery Driver / Warehouse Assistance

Job opening for full-time, long-term employment with the Northwest's largest and strongest medical x-ray supply company. This is a Monday through Friday work week with a day-shift schedule. $10.50 per hour to start, with pay increase after 90 day probation period. Group medical/dental/vision is available with other benefits such as paid holidays and paid sick days after probation period. Uniform shirts and coats are provided by company. This is an entry level position with training provided for fork-lift, pallet jack and lift-gate truck use.

This position provides weekly delivery of supplies, x-ray film, processing chemistry, and other imaging products to three of our satellite warehouses (Burlington, Wenatchee, and Sunnyside) and other local hospitals, clinics and doctor offices within the Puget Sound area with company owned box-truck. Candidates must also be able to support and complete various warehouse maintenance duties when needed. No CDL is required for this position, but you must be very dependable and have valid WSDL with a clean/safe driving record for past 3 years. Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds repetitively, meet demanding challenges of loading /unloading, and have no lifting restrictions. Candidate should be energetic, able to work well with others, yet be able to complete jobs in a timely manner to meet strict deadlines when unsupervised.

Must have clean appearance and must speak and understand English and be eligible to work in the USA. Applicant must have good customer service skills, be able to read a map and follow directions in our non-smoking / drug-free environment. Reliable attendance is expected. This position will require safe driving over Snoqualmie and Blewett pass in winter driving conditions twice a week.

Applicant must be able to pass drug screening and background test if required.

Company advancement opportunities for the right candidate.

Thank you in advance for looking at our position. Please send your resume and contact information to Dave at [email protected]

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

·
Banned
661 Posts
Looks like just what I was needing 20 years ago. However, alot is expected of the person that does apply for this position for the probationary wage. What is that, a measly $2.00 over minimum? Sorry for my cynical view but your employer is asking for more than any person should give, especially with the request of driving over dangerous passes in winter time conditions and the lifting requirements.
Oh wait, I am a proud member of a union so please disregard my concerns for the seemingly slave wages your employer is offering. Good luck to the person that takes this position and shame on the company offering it.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Metal Slave said:
Quill said:
What a wonderful Christmas Day reply Metal Slave.
Happy Holidays
I believe you meant The eve of. Right back atcha on the HH part.
lol hes right 8 days before midnight...the topic poster said he isn't in charge of hiring or the job so its the wrong person to bash however

happy holidays to all who view!

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
Thats what I get for living in Idaho, a lower minimum wage of 5.85 hr and a 1 hour time zone difference, so to me it was Christmas. wink:
On a different note:
I remember my first job doing Hazmat work in the refineries, pulp mills and chemical plants in 1985 for $5.00 hr, it wasn't much over minimum and part time to boot. It was the most nastiest, dangerous and hardest work for a twenty year old, but I had to start somewhere. 5 years later I became manager and then proceded to open up 5 more offices in other States across the country and bringing in company revenues in the millions. I have since moved on to easier and healthier jobs, like my present one. (IBEW Union Member and Government worker :lol: )
So I guess what I'm saying is, thanks for posting the job, it may not be much, but it maybe more then someone has now on Gamefishin. And you never know, they could end up owning the company down the road.......

·
Registered
869 Posts
Pouser, Thank You for thinking of the people who might need something right now. clap:

Keith layed out an offer for employment, not an opinion poll.
I applaud the effort of the "Little Man" to keep the faith and persevere.
A little hard work never hurt anyone, maybe if we passed on that ethic, children today, well, let's stop there.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Quill said:
Thats what I get for living in Idaho, a lower minimum wage of 5.85 hr and a 1 hour time zone difference, so to me it was Christmas. wink:
On a different note:
I remember my first job doing Hazmat work in the refineries, pulp mills and chemical plants in 1985 for $5.00 hr, it wasn't much over minimum and part time to boot. It was the most nastiest, dangerous and hardest work for a twenty year old, but I had to start somewhere. 5 years later I became manager and then proceded to open up 5 more offices in other States across the country and bringing in company revenues in the millions. I have since moved on to easier and healthier jobs, like my present one. (IBEW Union Member and Government worker :lol: )
So I guess what I'm saying is, thanks for posting the job, it may not be much, but it maybe more then someone has now on Gamefishin. And you never know, they could end up owning the company down the road.......
Well said Quill! I was right there with you in some of those nasty refineries and pulp mills etc... We worked our arses off. Now life is good... Funny I never felt less starting at the bottom, because you can't go anywhere but up! Can't wait to have Christmas dinner with you sweetheart!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts