Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stupidly deleted a picture from my digital camera and wondered if any of the wizards on here could help. I have a Kodak Z700 and connect it to a computer that runs Windows XP Home Edition. I have found some software that will recover the picture, but it must see the camera as a drive (Hard or removable). I do not have a slot to read the card directly. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

·
Administrator
13,966 Posts
Do you connect your camera to you PC via USB cable? If so it should still see it as a removable hard disk.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
As the good Dr said, the most normal way is with a USB cord. What kind of card is it? xd, sd, mini sd, etc.?

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I connect the camera via a USB cable. Evidently, Kodak uses a protocol that does not allow Windows to see the camera as a drive. When I go to My Computer, I don't see the camera at all. The card with the picture on it is a SD memory card - 512 KB.

·
Registered
206 Posts
When you say that you go to "my computer" do you mean through Windows Explorer? If not, click the start button, choose programs, choose accessories, then choose windows explorer. The windows explorer menu will open. Click the plus icon next to My Computer. You should see a list of your drives. Connect the USB cord to the camera and turn the camera on. You should see a new drive added to your list (usually F:). If it doesn't show, you may have a menu option on your camera for connecting and transferring to the computer. Choose that and the drive should now show in windows explorer. If all that doesn't work, you may need to bite-the-bullet and pick up a USB card reader and run your photo restore software from there. T

1 - 6 of 6 Posts