Game Fishing Forum banner

Heading to the westside for some fishing...any advise?

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  MYSTICAL LEGENDS 
#1 ·
well looks like I am heading over the hill on the 29th & 30th and bringing by boat. I was thinking of trying some fishing on Lake Washington for some trout. Can anyone give me some good advice on how to catch those cutthroat? I hope down riggers aren't neede, I don't have them on my boat.
Or if there is anything else worth hunting for on other lakes that would be great to know also. I have only done river fishing on the westside.
Thanks!

#2 ·
I believe Dr. Hook would be the one to talk to about Lk. Wa. I like using a downrigger but don't believe you have to have them to catch cutts , In Lk. Sammamish I used a 2 oz banana weight and about a 6' leader w/ a needle fish and caught a bunch of cutts , I also used small spoons and scent although I still caught them without scent . About 30 - 50 ft back and around 2 miles per hour worked good for me . Good Luck Pat :D PS This time of year is not the best time to hit the lakes But if you put in the time you will catch fish

#4 ·
MYSTICAL LEGENDS said:
WHAT??????? Crap there went my plans for the coastal rivers. Since I know your headed this way I'll just plan on cleaning ny gutters on the 27th and plan on staying indoors since the rivers are going to be close to flood stage..Thanks for the warning!!!!!! Tup:
I was waiting for you to post, I actually can't believe it took this long. Plus I knew this is the only advise I would get from you. Just wait til I go to Drano and you are there and out fish you and your clients. Again!

Anyway, maybe Dr. hook can give me some good info on fishing in the mud? Let me Bruce!

Phil, let me know when you plan on hitting drano for some scouting if you want me there. I just sent a pm.

#5 ·
Hey Phil... You are 100% right...

We are planning to fish the lake because I still want to get a line wet. Enjoy your weekend off, and hopefully we will see you at Drano.

I'm actually thinking about starting a business that produces rain during drought conditions all over the word. Todd will have to pay for his own flight, and I'll deposit the check. Or I could charge you guides a fee for me to keep him on the east side of the mountains.

Anybody catching any smallmouth on Lake Washington? Drop Shot?

Mark

#6 ·
TacoTule said:
Hey Phil... You are 100% right...

We are planning to fish the lake because I still want to get a line wet. Enjoy your weekend off, and hopefully we will see you at Drano.

I'm actually thinking about starting a business that produces rain during drought conditions all over the word. Todd will have to pay for his own flight, and I'll deposit the check. Or I could charge you guides a fee for me to keep him on the east side of the mountains.

Anybody catching any smallmouth on Lake Washington? Drop Shot?

Mark
You guys got me wanting to to the lake now. I'm in for one day at least!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.