Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next Friday I'll be heading up to my cabin in Marblemount until Saturday afternoon. Has anyone had any luck on the Cascade with the steelies? Haven't been up there this year for the steel, so I'm not sure if it has been producing.

·
Registered
520 Posts
yes the cascade has been producing since b4 turkey day. bring small jigs and a small float and flourocarbon leader 8# or less and you got a goood shot wink:

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
The only problem with the cascade right now is how rediculously low it is. If you are going to fish it, get there way before sunrise to get a decent spot, don't make a lot of noise or go splashing around and bring tons of different jigs. Be prepared to switch jigs religiously until you find one they will bite. Lastly, just hope the river comes up a bit.

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
bet this rain brought it up wink: Come on Mitch lets hit the skagit

·
Registered
148 Posts
was up there yesterday and it is crazy low. Saw several people up there, but not a single fish taken ethically. no one up there knows how to fish jigs properly, makes me sick. Saw a couple of fish yarded in by the ass, hooked on a jig.

Next time I go up I will just sit back and make a Jackass video.

But the little rain did not bring the river up

·
Super Moderator
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll have to gear up appropriately. It looks like our trip will be pushed out another week since the Hawks won. But that's a problem I like to have. Thanks for the information guys.

Big Worm

·
Registered
867 Posts
Was really good earlier on but is extremely low and clear right now. You will have to work very hard to get any to bite on anything. That last rain only brought the river up an inch and its already dropping again. I'll try the cascade in the next day or to myself but will probably end up fishing the skagit mostly.

·
Super Moderator
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Low and clear might be a good thing as well. I have a spot up river near my cabin which provides a nice seam and tailout adjacent to the opposite bank I approach from. I may have to check it out since it is best accessible with the lower water level. I just hope it hasn't been too low or there might not be much fish up that far, but its a fun and isolated spot to probe while staying close to the cabin. However, nothing bets the seam and tailout at the hatch.

Giving it the extra week might be good if we can get a raise in water level.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
i am gonna go up there tomorrow AM. in the freezing cold and probably snow but whatever thats why i have class so late Tup: I will try a wide variety of jigs and even float some cured shrimp. i will let ya know what i see BW. any other advice anyone wanna lend me? :mrgreen:

·
Super Moderator
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cmessling07 said:
i am gonna go up there tomorrow AM. in the freezing cold and probably snow but whatever thats why i have class so late Tup: I will try a wide variety of jigs and even float some cured shrimp. i will let ya know what i see BW. any other advice anyone wanna lend me? :mrgreen:
Are you kidding, you'll take all the fish up there before I get a chance- lol. I've been fishing up there for about 20 years or so, and historically live sandshrimp and eggs fishing the seam below the hatch have had great results. There are, or at least were some nice slots up passed the bridge as well if you feel there's too much pressure at the hatch. I'm sure you know that though.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
not kidding lol, im flatterd tho Tup: . i had tons of success for the silvers up there this year, but havent targeted steelies much in general and never on the cascade so ill give it a try. ill send you a PM

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
cmessling07 said:
SCHOOL??????????????? Don't you ever go? :lol:

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
MYSTICAL LEGENDS said:
cmessling07 said:
when the fish arent biting or the rivers are blown wink: it takes skill and precision to have all of your classes after 230pm and no class on tuesdays and thursdays. luck? nope. talent..?yes :D

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
cmessling07 said:
MYSTICAL LEGENDS said:
cmessling07 said:
when the fish arent biting or the rivers are blown wink: it takes skill and precision to have all of your classes after 230pm and no class on tuesdays and thursdays. luck? nope. talent..?yes :D
Does he really go to school ? I think he is in the witness protection plan. :lol:

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
sr5mike said:
cmessling07 said:
MYSTICAL LEGENDS said:
cmessling07 said:
Does he really go to school ? I think he is in the witness protection plan. :lol:
SHHHH clown:

·
Registered
17,616 Posts
cmessling07 said:
sr5mike said:
cmessling07 said:
MYSTICAL LEGENDS said:
cmessling07 said:
SHHHH clown:
You guys are hilarious.

BW - we were up near the cascade not to long ago and it was gin clear. We switched to 6lb leaders and tiny eggs. Needs water to get more productive other than the idiots tail hooking them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.