Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a E-mail come in today That said......" Please don't do any more Bass shows because there are too many. Just do STS and Bottom fish like lings and Halibut."" What do you guys think? FYI I have no plans in changing the show but I do like to hear what you think. To me it's like saying "I don't like blonds because there are too many."

·
Registered
855 Posts
I like your show no matter what your fishing for Tup: , you guys are a hoot and sometimes you actually catch fish ;) . although I also am just sick :cry: of bass fishing shows . There are soo few fishing shows that actually are for the predominant fish that we fish for Salmon ,steelhead , sturgeon , trout etc. How about a show over at Rufus ? just my 02 cents :D Pat

·
Registered
693 Posts
im jacked up for the sportsmans show this weekend. hope to see ya there glenn Tup:

·
Registered
330 Posts
You can use bass for halibut bait. :mrgreen:

How bout a show of that awesome albacore fishery we have off our coast?

·
Registered
550 Posts
i dont mind the occasional bass show myself, because that is what i grew up fishing for on the east coast. Right now i would just like to see any fishing show right about now, i hope the show has been recording while i have been deployed!!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Well since your asking, I also tune in to HawgQuest to see saltwater fishing filmed in and around the northwest. (a big river or two with pig salmon or dinosaur sturgeon is killer also.)

I Tivo every episode, and the minute I see you guys setting up on a bass lake or up in Alaska catching pan size trout, I just delete the episode and hope for a better episode next time.

My favorite episodes are when you guys are bringing great big halibut, ling cod and other bottom fish up, or getting the reels to sing with a pig of a salmon hooked up.

What it boils down to me is I want a fishing show that is based in the Northwest for the Northwest, and showing some guy pulling in small fish in a lake or creek just doesn't keep me watching.

As far as the hunting portion of the episodes, I don't hunt so they also get deleted from the all mighty TIVO.

You asked, so there's some feedback for ya!!

Thanks for all your hard regardless though, I really enjoy the episodes I do watch. clap: clap: clap:

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
Bass fishing is fine. So is perch and crappie and trout. There is some excellent lakes in eastern oregon and Idaho. I would not mind a perch, crappie or bass show...its fun

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I think the "local" part is more important to me than the target fish. example: Tuna from West Port would be good, but Hawg Quest for Tuna out of Cabo would get a delet on the TIVO. I would watch Hawg Quest fly fish for perch in Lake Wa before I would want to see a yellow fin Cabo adventure.

But then again, I'm a junki... I would probably watch it anyway.... My $.02

·
Premium Member
3,754 Posts
I watch'em all, some for the fun of it, some for a learning experiance, but I really enjoy the banter, you guys crack me up.
Like others, I would prefer a show that captures the spirit of fishing in the Pacific Northwest, and we do have bass here, and perch, so it's only fair that others git their issue. Man cannot live on Salmon alone :)

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
In my book bass are just above carp. I whack every one as they make good rose fertilizer. That said I'd probably watch a NW bass show as it would sure beat the bubba shows like Bil Dance's.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
I don't fish bass or any warmwater species. There are more than enough shows on TV that target these species. What I live for on your show is local salmon, steelhead, and local (Alaska is fine) saltwater. When I see bass, I move on.

·
Administrator
13,955 Posts
I think some "local" bass shows would be great! All the bass shows on TV now are on some farm pond in the midwest.

It's the local part that attracts me, not unnecessarily the species.

I'm not much of a fish snob, I just like fishin'!! clap:

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I DVR all the shows...

If the show is about saltwater fishing in the NW or Alaska, I watch.

If it is about Salmon, Steelhead or Sturgeon in a NW or Alaska river, I watch.

If it is about hunting, I try to watch, but usually end up shutting it off. I may FF to find the trophy shot or something else that looks interesting.

If it is about Bass, I delete from the DVR w/o watching. I can see a bass show just about 24 hours a day somewhere on the boob tube.

Just my personal preference. I haven't hunted in years and I have never fished for bass.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Bass for me, no. I find those about as inthralling as planter lake trout...kinda fun, but ultimately disappointing as far as getting the adrenaline pumping. Let's see the true HAWGS!! Steelhead, Salmon, Sturgeon, Tuna, Big Rufus Trout. Northwest (AK included) is important to me. Also, though, I would disagree about Cabo. I have to take a vacation in Winter to someplace warm every year just to survive the grey skies. And like to mix fishing adventures with those trips to the sun, so, a nice "sprinkling" of Cabo, Costa Rica, Hawaii, etc. during the middle of the winter would sure get me fired up for fishing and vacation, just make sure you are targeting the bigger fish, not just the big fish of a small species. The 10-day Tuna trip out of San Diego sounded like a hoot on this board, so would love to find out more and see the action as I could imagine it from the report.

·
Super Moderator
32,972 Posts
SeaSport said:
I DVR all the shows...

If the show is about saltwater fishing in the NW or Alaska, I watch.

If it is about Salmon, Steelhead or Sturgeon in a NW or Alaska river, I watch.

If it is about hunting, I try to watch, but usually end up shutting it off. I may FF to find the trophy shot or something else that looks interesting.

If it is about Bass, I delete from the DVR w/o watching. I can see a bass show just about 24 hours a day somewhere on the boob tube.

Just my personal preference. I haven't hunted in years and I have never fished for bass.
Thats the same thing I do. I watch them all except the bass shows.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
hawgkiller said:
I had a E-mail come in today That said......" Please don't do any more Bass shows because there are too many. Just do STS and Bottom fish like lings and Halibut."" What do you guys think? "
Glenn,

I thought the Bass show was cool. clap: Dr. Hook pretty much summed up my thoughts--it's good to mix it up a little and the local angle makes it interesting.

BTW--If he sells them retail--do you have a link, telephone # or store name that sells those Spinner Baits that the guy (Stan?) who was fishing with you makes?

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I like the local bass shows Tup:

I think a couple of good shows would be: Lake Washington cutthroat and also maybe a smallmouth bass and perch show.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts