Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Guide tours :lol: another way to make some money out of you suckers.

Somebody made a mess of this big style.

Looked a good place to hang a rod.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
One heck of an audacious move by the tribe.
I honestly hope to see the bill for all that sent to the tribe. Their decision to restrict access to a publicly funded site like that was a complete jackass move in my opinion and just one more reason I want nothing to do with any of the local tribal entrepreneurial ventures.
I can't really imagine anyone wanting a "guided trip" there!!

·
Registered
15,118 Posts
According to the King5 interview of the Tacoma Public Utilities spokes-person, the tribe raised a concern prior to the construction so it shouldn't be a shock to anyone. TPU dropped the ball. The Tribe is merely executing their right of property ownership. I suppose the only difference would be that you and I would fall victim to the States Police Power of Eminent Domain and have it taken from us...

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
fishinfoolz said:
According to the King5 interview of the Tacoma Public Utilities spokes-person, the tribe raised a concern prior to the construction so it shouldn't be a shock to anyone. TPU dropped the ball. The Tribe is merely executing their right of property ownership. I suppose the only difference would be that you and I would fall victim to the States Police Power of Eminent Domain and have it taken from us...
"Raised a concern"???

Do you think maybe if they (the tribal reps.) said "Go ahead and build it, but we are not going to allow public access to it and it will only be for tribal members and padding tribal coffers" that the construction of it would have proceded? I may be going out on a limb here but I'm thing the answer would have been a resounding "NO".

Call it what you want but in my opinion it was an end around executed by the tribe and as I stated above a "Jackass" move. Tdown:

·
Registered
15,118 Posts
Maybe...Maybe not. I wasn't there during the negotiations so I cannot make statements in terms of their intentions with 100% accuracy. Is it possible they planned to shut off access? Sure. But why?

Seems more logical that when the tribe addressed their concerns to TPU they, (like every government agency) dismissed the tribes concerns and forged ahead with the project anyway and now are whining because they can't get their way and have no recourse so they put the story out in the media to draw sympathy from the public knowing full well they could have addressed the issue prior to construction had it not been for their omnipotent arogance.... :mrgreen:

How' that for a theroy... wink: :mrgreen:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts